chapter 24

*ZANES POV*

I knew it wasnt the baby on its way. she had inly bee pregnant for 3 months now. something was wrong.

I flew into the emergency room, shouting for a nurse. When they saw Elizabeth, the dropped what the were doing and hurried her onto a gurney. She looked at me scared but I smiled and said a sentence I knew I would regret.

"I'll call Asher." She nodded and they took her away. I pulled out my phone and dialed the asshole's number.

*ASHERS POV*

"Dude! You aren't getting to your position on time!" I yelled at Quinn. He sighed.

"Because you don't throw it in the right direction! I'm supposed to be over there," he used his finger to point. "But you're throwing the ball over there!" He moved his finger left. "How the hell am I supposed to catch it if you don't throw it towards me!!??!!???"

"ENOUGH!" Coach James yelled. He turned to me. "Answer your god damned phone, would you? It's been ringing off the hook!" My phone? I ran towards the bench and searched through my stuff to find my phone. When I found it, I saw Zane was calling me.

What the hell? I answered it.

"Hello?"

"ASHER! ELIZABETH IS HURT!" I froze.

"WHAT HAPPENED?" I heard noise and beeping. Is he at a hospital. "WHERE ARE YOU?"

"ASHER IM IN THE ER, ELIZABETH'S STOMACH STARTED HURTING. SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH THE BABY!" Oh god...

"I'll be there." I hung up. I gathered my things and started to make my way off the field.

"COLT! WHERE ARE YOU GOING?" Coach shouted. I turned back.

"My girlfriend is hurt, I have to go." His voice stopped me.

"If you walk of this field, you can kiss the team good bye. We have a game today. You can't just play whenever it conveniences you!" I thought about it. Lizzy or football. I shook my head.

"I'm sorry sir." I ran off the field and to my car. on my way to my house, I called Nate.

*NATES POV*

"asher?" why was he calling me? he should be calling eli!!

"nate listen to me. somethings wrong with lizzy." i sat up straight and ignored zachs questioning glance.

"what do you mean?" i asked.

"i dont know man! shes in the hospital! you and zach meet me at the airport. i got my mom to get urgent tickets to milan."

"what do you mean?" i asked.

"were goin to italy." he hung up.

*ZANES POV*

I paced up and down the wating room. the damn doctors here have no intelligence!

damien rushed in and stopped my pacing.

"why am i here? what was the urgency?" you could tell his english was a bit rough.

my expression showed it all. "it is the girl isnt it? youve fallen in love and she is hurt?" i nodded as a doctor came out.

"elizabeth grey?"i rushed up to him.

"what happened to her?" he held up a hand.

"name?" i sighed irritably.

"Zane sir." he shook his head.

" im so sorry sir but i have beentold by the patient that only Nathaniel or asher may have knowledge of the.... problem." my heart sank at the mention of asher.

i guess i must wait.

*ZACHS POV*

i hated seeing him like this. god i hated it.

nate has undergone a complete personality change.

when we first noticed eachother, the most we ever interacted with eachother, was the occasional forced smile on his part. that smile showed just how much pain he really was in. as our relationship progressed, he slowly opened up until he could be himself with me; the loveable,sweet, brat he is.

i feel were at square one again.

hes gone into complete depression. after the phone call from asher he was quiet. the car ride to the airpirt he was quiet, and now the flight there hes quiet. we still have about 8 hours left on this plane, and him ignoring me isnt making this go faster.

"nate?" i asked softly. he didnt look at me. "nate!" i said louder. he still ignored me. i grabbed his chin to make him look at me. "NATHANIEL." i growled. his eyes were filled with tears and my face softened at the sight. "sweetheart..."i unbuckled his belt and pulled him on my lap, tucking him under my chin. i softly rocked him back and forth while he cried in my chest.

"i.... i cant.... i cant lose her too." the sound of his sobs broke my heart.

"youre not going to... elis just fine baby." i cooed.

"you dont know that!" he cried softly. i looked over to see asher looking at me simpatheticly. he picked up a pack of tissues a d handed me one.

i almost felt bad for taking it because he looked like he was a complete mess.

"thanks man." i said. he nodded and looked away. i looked down and saw nate fell asleep. i smiled at how sweet he looked and wiped the tears from his face.

he was curled up on my lap, and his 4ft. 7in. frame, looked so small compared to my 6ft. 2in. one.

i tucked a blanket around us and kissed his head.

for everyone's sake, please nothing be wrong with her!

A/N: so next chapter youll find out whats wrong! can anyone guess?

who thinks zach and nate are the cutest? c:

and can you guys do me the biggest favour? please read my story painting a beautiful picture!!!! i really think its gonna be good, but i want feedback(:

thanks!

~noah:)