Mr kingston's Roommate|02

Edited

Leila's POV
Mr. Kingston

Once I arrived at my destination three hours later, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I've never been to college, of course, and neither did I make it to my orientation because over the course of that week I had gotten ill to the point where it was growing increasingly difficult to get out of bed with each day that ticked by.

Eventually, I overcame my mystery sickness but it was already too late. Now, I'm a new student with no idea what I'm supposed to do once I arrive here. As I stepped out of my car, I couldn't deny the fact that I was horrified at the idea of living on campus with a bunch of people I do not know. Who's my roommate? Is she a nice person? Is she mean?

Worst of all. . .

Will she talk to me?

I shook the thoughts out of my head and retrieved my suitcase from the trunk. Without wasting a beat, I trekked up the first pathway leading toward the residential building which I saw on the website a few nights ago. 

This is a relatively new College that has been under construction for a few years now. It's a community College whose name is ironically Cambridge. According to their website, they strive to promote inclusivity, modern social standards—whatever the hell that means—diversity and much more.

So to me, they sound as if they're appealing to the new generation. For what reason? I'm not too sure. Once I made it inside the building, I immediately propelled across the massive hall toward the receptionist's table. Students idled by but I paid them no mind because my newfound social anxiety won't allow me to look them in the eye for too long.

"H–hello!" I mumbled as I leaned against the desk. The woman sitting comfortably before me peered up from the computer and flashed me a warm smile. "May I help you?" She inquired. Here goes nothing. "W-well you see, I'm new here. Well I mean all the freshmen are b-but I never made it to orientation so I don't really know my way around here. This is the campus residence building right?" Of course, it is or someone will get fired for putting up that sign outside.

"Yes, it is. And that's no problem. Orientation at this school is not mandatory. Just let me know your full name and I'll assign you to an RA to show you to your dorm room. If you've applied beforehand then this should be an easy process."

"It's Leila Hart." The woman began to type away once again and not long after she stood up and motioned toward the couch just a few feet away from her desk. "Just wait here for a second, I'll be right back." Before I could respond, she disappeared down a hallway, leaving me rooted in my spot. I don't want to get too comfortable yet. I just want to go into my room and relax.

"Miss Hart, can I speak to you please?" An unfamiliar voice called out a few minutes later. There was another woman approaching me now and the look on her face was what I could only describe as utter distress. "Sure," I mumbled as she led me toward the couch. She motioned for me to sit down and without much of a rebuttal, I complied.

"My name is Sandy, I'm the Residence hall director and well, Leila, there seems to have been a slight malfunction in our housing system. It says here that you applied to a Freshman dorm a few months ago in September and you were accepted. However, the system shows that your application has been cancelled just about a month ago in December and so your room has been given to another student."

I jolted up from my seat, "WHAT!? I-I never cancelled anything! There must be a mistake!"

She raised her hands in surrender, "that is what I'm trying to say. This problem has happened to most of the students here during the past few days and under further observation, we concluded that this is exactly what occurred with you. We're working diligently to find out how such a mistake could have been made.