Epilogue

Leila's POV
Eternal Happiness

4 years later

"Dear Ms. Hart, Big Drop Inc is pleased to offer you the position as web project manager—" the words were barely past my lips before a pair of arms slipped around my waist, hoisting me up from the computer chair and into the air as they crushed me in a tight gripped hug.

Blake's cheerful laughter enveloped my ears as he set me down onto my feet, his arms never breaking free from around me, "I'm so proud of you, Leila, you did it!" He exclaimed as he planted a kiss against my cheeks.

I actually did it.

After three years of being tormented in class to get my degree and an additional year working as an intern to get hands-on experience as a web designer I finally did it! "This is amazing, and this calls for an all-girls night out!" Midge slid towards me, Sam in tow behind her as they both tugged me into their arms.

As I was prepared to slip out of their grip, Peter joined in, enclosing us all in his ridiculously strong grip. "Guys! I can't breathe!" I wheezed through my clenched jaw. Blake appeared in my line of view and outstretched a hand towards us. I felt his fingers enclose around my wrist and in one swift motion, he tugged me out of their arms and into his.

"Sorry! We're so happy for you! and speaking of come on, we need to pop some champagne." Sam bellowed out as she clasped a hand around Midge and Peter's wrist, tugging them into the kitchen before beckoning me to follow them. As I took a step forward, I was halted in my footsteps when Blake's hand tugged me back, preventing me from leaving.

I narrowed my head up to gaze at him, he smiled softly, "you don't look as happy as I'd hoped you'd be." Of course, I'm not. I applied for a position in Los Angeles and got accepted, so that would mean I'm leaving him. Before we even started dating, I told Blake about my plans to move to LA one day, I don't want to stay in Boston.

But I don't want to leave him. I can't ask him to leave his job and uproot just for me, that would be selfish. It has to be his decision and whatever he chooses I'll accept it because I love him, and when you love someone you must be happy for them, whether or not that happiness includes you.

Web designing has always been Kyle's and I dream. During my first year in high school, I never really had any dreams nor aspirations. Kyle however loved Web Designing, it was all he ever talked about. So one day when he asked me to help him with a project for his class I did and I fell in love with it too. Ever since he died, my goal was to make his dream come true. . .our dream. And it finally did.

"We'll talk about this later, I'm gonna call your parents, we're celebrating tonight, I'll book a restaurant. Go drink some champagne," he said after my moment of silence. I nodded my head and retreated towards the kitchen to see Sam holding a bottle of champagne in hand, struggling to pop it open.

"Hey, Peter, be a good boy and open this," she shoved the bottle into his hand and flashed him a tight-lipped smile. Peter rolled his eyes in response and swiftly popped it open, his eyes narrowed as if saying 'seriously?'

"Oh my god, I just had a crazy thought, what if Blake proposes tonight?" Midge whisper yelled. I stared back at her incredulously. Blake? Propose to me? I mean sure we've been together for four going on five years but we have so many things we haven't done yet, is marriage really in our plan now?

"Well if he were you just ruined the surprise," Peter deadpanned as he slid a champagne glass towards me. "Would you say yes though? I mean you guys are practically already married, it'd be dumb to say no." I flickered my eyes towards Sam and rose the glass to my lips. In one full sweep, it was down my throat, "of course I'd say yes."