Mr Kingston's Roommate|25

Leila's POV
Unexpected occurrence

"Are you trying to torment me?" He inquired, his eyes flickering towards my outfit. I frowned deeply, my eyes assessing the outfit which I wore tonight. It was a simple silk tank top, though it had a low cut down the middle of my chest, showing off just a little cleavage.

I also had matching silk shorts to match up and it stopped just a little below my butt, but again, my body wasn't on full display and I found myself rolling my eyes as I adjusted my shirt, just a little bit self-conscious.

His laughter filled my ears as I rounded the counter to avoid him and made my way to the sink to fill a cup with water. I heard him shuffling behind me but I didn't think anything of it as I moved towards the cupboard to retrieve a teabag.

"Why not drink coffee?" He asked as he approached me slowly. "I want to be able to sleep tonight, I don't want to be up till one in the morning," I replied as I fished out a mug from the rack, pivoting on my heels to go fill it with water but I realized then that Blake had purposely trapped me, his hands placed flat down onto the counter, preventing me from leaving. 

"Hmm, you don't want to be up until one in the morning huh?" He whispered, his face lowering down before mine as he towered over me, "usually when I'm up at one in the morning I'm f-"

"Blake!" 

"What!?"

"I don't wanna hear it!" I sing sang as I shoved him away from me, ignoring the bubble of laughter that escaped his lips as I filled my mug with hot water from the kettle. I flickered my eyes towards him and he was currently leaned against the counter, his eyes following my every step.

"You need to learn how to grow up, you're gonna be 20 in a few months. Did you forget that?" He inquired, his brows arching upwards in question. 

For a moment I kind of forgot I had a birthday coming up in five months. I mean it is pretty forgetful, for the past four years all I've done for my birthday is sit in my room with a bowl of popcorn and Reese. It's not an eventful day because it was also my brother's birthday.

We were born on the same day, years apart.

And I felt guilty celebrating it when he wasn't here to celebrate it with me. 

"So you're saying you think I'm childish?" I asked, trying to divert the topic from my birthday. He raised his hands in surrender, "I did no such thing." 

"Idiot," I grumbled under my breath as I lowered myself down onto the chair, turning away from him, "so Blake what's for breakfast?" I asked as I brought the piping hot tea to my lips and carefully took a sip.

"When we get married I won't be the only one making breakfast."

I fumbled with the hot cup of tea and gasped in pain as the hot liquid splashed onto my hand. I quickly set it down onto the table and snapped my head towards Blake, my eyes wide in shock as his words registered in my mind. 

Our eyes interlocked and after a few seconds of silence, he suddenly burst into a fit of laughter, his head shaking in disbelief. "Leila, learn how to take a joke. You near done burnt your hand off." He said as he sauntered towards me with a table cloth in hand.