Mr Kingston's Roommate|20

Leila's POV
You gain and you lose one

"Hi," I mumbled softly as I leaned against the frame of the door, observing him. I wasn't mad at Blake, I was mad at myself. Because I know he has no obligation towards me, he doesn't have to always be there to make me feel better, but I felt as if he didn't care over the passing week.

I knew that whatever happened that night must have been horrible so he didn't tell me what happened. I knew it's what led Reese to break up with me the following morning and I was angry that Blake never spoke to me about anything.

He just said 'sorry in advance' on a note and basically ignored this conversation all week. So I snapped because today I realized that I couldn't lose any more people. And if I started losing trust in Blake then eventually I'd lose him as a whole. "Do you need something?" 

"Yeah, I do." 

"What's that?" He inquired as he lowered himself down onto the stool, dragging the box of panda express towards him and then motioning to the other laid out for me, "your forgiveness." I mumbled softly as I hesitantly made my way towards the table.

"I shouldn't have said what I did, Blake. I had no place to cast judgement on you because I was angry. I crossed the line and I apologize. I-I was just scared that you keeping things from me would lead to me losing trust in you and thus. . .losing you."

And suddenly I could feel my throat start to clog, preventing me from breathing as it began to contract, my walls closing in on each other. I was overwhelmed fby anger and sadness but at this point, it felt like my mood was all over the place.

"Eat."

"What?" I muttered in confusion as I peered up at him. He motioned towards the box before me. "I don't want to eat," I mumbled, suddenly feeling a lot worse after he just ignored my apology. I mean can I really blame him? I did push some buttons. Blake has never raised his voice at me but tonight, well I set a new record.

"I just want to sleep," I finished as I pushed myself off the stool to leave. He sat beside the doorway leading out of the kitchen which meant I'd have to pass right beside him again. What I didn't expect was for him to wrap his hand around my wrist and quickly tug me into his lap, catching me off guard.

I squealed as I fell onto him, my cheeks immediately flushing red at the proximity between our faces and the position in which we were in. Although I was sitting at the edge of his lap, one more move and I'd be on the floor; it still left me flustered.

"You do this thing, Leila, where you annoy the living daylights out of me and sometimes I don't know what to do about it and other times I do. At this moment, unfortunately for you, and fortunately for me, I know what to do."

"I-I didn't mean to. God- Blake can I go!?"

"Why, am I making you nervous? Angry? Annoyed? Sounds familiar to me." He exclaimed as his icy blue eyes penetrated through mine intensely, almost as if he were gazing into my soul. "Well, what else is my purpose in life?" I joked nervously as I tried averting my gaze from him but to no prevail. 

"You know today my friends and I were discussing something and they made some really interesting points to me. But me being stubborn old Blake, I didn't want to listen because I thought it was absurd. But after our little quarrel, I realized something." 

Even though I had no idea what he was babbling about, the intensity in his gaze willed me to ask him what. "I realized that at any moment, at any given time, something can rip two people apart just like that and sometimes the tear is so big you can't sew it back. So before that day comes-if, that day comes you take all the bloody chances you have."