Mr Kingston's Roommate|34

Leila's POV
Forgiveness

His arms encircled my waist tightly and his lips moved against mine softly, deepening with each passing second. I didn't want to pull away, just being in his arms after this long; I wanted to stay here forever, get lost in his eyes and never leave. "I love you. . ." he whispered against my lips.

My hands trailed over his cheek and I pulled back. He stared down at me sheepishly, his face which was once blurred now visible to my eyes, and he was as beautiful as ever, "don't you love me?" He inquired sheepishly, not waiting for my reply as he peppered my jawline with kisses, trailing all the way down to my neck.

I parted my lips to reply but soon realized I had no voice. My lips were moving but the words weren't escaping and the harder I fought, the more blurred his face began to grow once again. I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs that I loved him too. 

But I couldn't. 

And as I drifted off into a dark haze, I feared I'd never be able to tell him.

~~~

"Hi, birthday boy!" I squealed as I sauntered into the family room where Patricia and her son stood. Patricia's son just turned five today, and to say he was a sweetheart is an understatement. The first time I met him, which was hours after I came here, I immediately fell in love with him. 

He reminded me of Kyle and the entire night when he dragged me to his room and showed me his new toy cars I couldn't stop looking at him. I was wondering to myself how much of a coincidence it was to see that my father had found a new woman in his life who also had a son.

It felt as if it were Kyle's doing. I know this sounds ridiculous but I can't shake the feeling off that all of this happened for a reason, especially during the time I decided to come to visit.

"I look handsome right Lei!?" 

"Of course you do buddy, what does Frank have to say about it? Did he give you that tie because I've seen it somewhere before?" I teased as I ruffled his hair. He brushed my hand away and giggled, flashing me a wide smile as he leaped away from Patricia's grasp. 

"Let's go! My friends are waiting for me!" Patricia and my father are holding Brandon's party at the arcade where Reece works. I'm not sure if he still works there, but I'm hoping he is there. I've been meaning to talk to him ever since I came back, I even visited his house but his parents claimed he moved out months ago. 

I haven't gotten a chance to visit the arcade until today so hopefully, he's there.

We left for the arcade soon after. I rode in my car behind them since I had plans after this and when we got there I didn't expect to be this nervous when I stepped out of my car and sauntered up the familiar stretch leading to the arcade. 

Brandon, Patricia and my father were ahead of me and I hung back to see if I spotted Reece's car in the parking lot in his designated parking spot but it wasn't there. I sighed deeply and fell in step beside them as we stumbled into the arcade.

The check-in was pretty quick, the entire time my eyes were swivelling around me scoping out the area for Reece. He might still be here despite his car not being parked out because that old thing breaks down more than an overheated flip phone.