Mr Kingston's Roommate|12

Edited

Leila's POV
Fate

Fate.

I never believed in fate. I mean, my life was nothing short of cursed and if fate brought me here then that would make us enemies now wouldn't it? But here I am, sitting at the edge of my bed with my cracked phone resting at the tips of my fingers as I wondered whether this interaction was fate.

My mother.

The woman who cursed me out not too long ago had called me and asked that I meet her at the park nearest to my school. I got nothing else out of her other than those instructions and the call cut not too long after.

Is this fate?

or is this some kind of sick joke?

"Leila," Blake called out, drawing my attention away from my phone. "I bought food and I can't eat it all alone so come here," the command seemed to have fallen deaf on my ears as I remained frozen in my spot. I was contemplating whether I should meet my mother later today.

I find it strange that she ordered me to stay out of her life not too long ago and now she willingly wants to meet up with me. My last interaction with Reese has already drained me both physically and mentally. Will meeting my mother make that any worse? Why else would she want to see me if not to curse me out in person?

"Brat!"

Blake's shrilling voice pulled me out of my reverie and I peered up to find him hovering over me, his face a mosaic of emotions as his eyes scanned me over. "I thought we were past the insulting names," I muttered as I tried to hide the discomfort on my face.

Blake is analyzing me.

He's been doing this for the past three weeks and that is exactly why I need to act as if everything is okay. I don't need more people in my life believing that I'm mentally unstable. "Who told you I ever stopped?" He inquired.

"Okay, you egotistical asshole," I spat which resulted in him howling in laughter. He's definitely been more receptive to me as opposed to when I first arrived. I'm not sure if his sudden change in attitude is because of pity or if he actually enjoys my presence.

"Egotistical? Brat knows some big words," He mocked to which I responded with a swift middle finger. Although, I guess I was not swift enough to retract my hand because Blake had caught my finger in the palm of his hand which he used to his advantage by tugging me forward so that our faces hovered in front of one another.

"I'm really starting to suspect you don't like that finger of yours." He wondered aloud as he parted his lips, feigning that he would bite it off. "If you'd like, I can keep you from flipping me off and just rip it off your hand." He clamped his teeth down on one another, demonstrating what he would do to me.

My lips tugged into a tight-lipped smile, "charming."

"I know." He winked as he slipped his hand from my grasp before climbing onto his feet. "I bought Chinese, come eat with me." He demanded as he sauntered into the kitchen. He motioned toward the chair, "sit down."

I frowned, "says who?"

"Says me," he smiled as he handed me a plate of food that he had set out minutes ago. "Thank you," I said and from the corner of my eye, I could see the ghost of a smile on his face as he propped himself onto the table.

"So, anything new?" He asked after a moment of silence. I shook my head as I fought against my lips to contort to what I think is a smile. Or maybe it's a frown. I haven't decided whether I'm happy to see my mother after so long or not.