Mr Kingston's Roommate|38

Blake's POV
His story

"It started out way before we were even born obviously. Our parents were best friends, went to the same elementary school, attended the same high school, even the same college. And their parents were friends as well. . .Imagine that." I chuckled softly.

She nodded her head, eyes intently boring into mine and I glanced down at our intertwined hands before glancing back up at her.

"Erika and I were best friends. And despite me before ahead of her at school and attending High School and College faster than her, we remained as such.

I spent every summer with her, every moment I didn't have to be in school. She was my first everything. But well you know, she broke my heart into a million pieces. I can't put full blame on her for my personality change but she contributed to it. She crushed me so badly I thought putting up a defence would prevent me from falling in love again and getting hurt."

Obviously, the falling in love part didn't go as planned.

"On her prom night I was her date, and I decided to be hopelessly romantic because I was head over hills for this girl. So I proposed, and god at the time I thought it was the best plan ever. We would spend the rest of our lives together, have kids, start our business, renew our vows and so on."

I ran my hands through my hair and blankly stared at the wall in front of me before taking a deep breath in, "so, Some of my friends were from the prom committee and they didn't rig the votes or anything but they made sure that we won.

When they announced us the king and Queen, well they crowned her first obviously and when they crowned me I just went down on one knee and popped the question. Obviously, everyone was baffled. Even more when she said 'Yes, Of course, I'll marry you' bitch. . ."

"Blake!"

"Sorry, I can't help it!" I laughed and she chuckled. Her arms tightened around my waist and she peered up at me, "continue your Wattpad story," she mumbled and I frowned deeply, eyeing her in confusion, "Wattpad?"

"Just continue!"

"Okay! So fast forward to the week of our wedding. She was acting really strange, she'd distance herself from me, she wouldn't touch me or we'd only have one-word conversations. Like I'd ask her are you okay and she'd just nonchalantly say yes.

On our wedding day specifically I saw her and I spoke to her. I always thought the saying 'seeing your bride before the wedding is bad luck' was just a myth, hell if only I knew that wasn't just a myth."

"Blake you don't need to continue." She said reassuringly, her browns eyes softening as they peered up at me. I shook my head vigorously and caressed her cheek softly, "I have to, I really do." She nodded her head in understanding and smiled.

"So, me being Blake, I assumed she was just nervous the entire week and the anxiety made her react or something I don't know why I was trying to convince myself so hard. But before the wedding, she seemed a lot more relaxed and I took that as a good sign but at that time I didn't know the saying 'there's always a calm before the storm," literally.

Everything was going smoothly at first, she walked down the aisles, she cried. . .she freaking cried." I chuckled humourlessly as I shook my head as the memory of that day came rushing back into my mind. She wasn't crying because she was happy, she was crying because she knew she was making a mistake.