Mr Kingston's Roommate|28

Leila's POV
Realization

"That looks good on you," he commented, his eyes momentarily sweeping over my body then settling back onto his phone in a matter of seconds. For a moment there I forgot he was even here, hence why I walked back into the room in only my bathing suit. 

But I was thankful his eyes didn't linger on me as I toppled towards my closet, throwing it open to grab a crop top and a pair of shorts. When I was done dressing I sauntered towards my bed and slumped down next to him, reaching upwards to brush his hair away from his face.

"Thanks, it's getting quite annoying having to do that all the time." He said, his eyes flickering towards me. "Well, why don't you just cut it?" I inquired and his face suddenly fell before a scoff escaped his lips, "that's one of the most offensive questions I've ever been asked in my life."

"Ugh, you sound like a girl," I whispered, flashing him a smile as he glared at me.

"Say's the girl."

"That should tell you something, shouldn't it?"

"Shut u-" the handle of the front door wiggled, pulling our attention towards it in confusion. And then it flew open and Blake came sauntering in, his eyes fixated on Peter laid beside me, phone in hand, colour drained from his face. And then they flickered towards me and remained still for a few seconds, drinking in my appearance. 

I pushed myself off the bed, preparing to approach him until someone else appeared from behind him. And the words that were on the verge of tumbling off my tongue swung right back into my mouth and I found myself choking on my own saliva as the familiar face came into view.

His ex-girlfriend. 

My eyes swivelled towards Blake but he was no longer looking at me, instead, he focused his attention on the floor, his head hung low, lips pressed in a thin line. I fought the urge to scoff, to scream, to cry. . .because she was here and I knew if I sat down and pondered on the reasons as to why she would be here I'd send myself into a dark hole. 

I pivoted on my heels and grabbed my slides from beside my bed, motioning towards Peter, "come on Peter, I'm sure these two would like some privacy." I spat, not missing the stunned expression that flickered across his face as he tilted his head slightly upwards to meet my eyes. 

"Come on," Peter's voice enveloped my ears as his hand came to rest gently on my shoulder. He gave me a soft push forward, willing my legs to walk as I sauntered past Blake, brushing his shoulders harshly against mine as I marched out of the room, Peter in tow behind me. 

When we made it past the door I immediately sped walk towards the elevator, tears threatening to spring from my eyes as I slammed my hand against the button, sucking in a harsh breath to will the tears back.

I guess we really are over.

~~~

My knees buckled beneath me from the impact of the ball against my palm and I fell onto the sand, crying in frustration as my fingers dug into the ground beneath me. "Damien, that's assault!" I cried out as I pushed myself onto my knees, dusting the sand off my hand. 

"Third time Damien, third time!" Midge exclaimed loudly as she came to stand beside me. she hooked her hands under my arms and pulled me onto my feet before flipping an amused Damien off. "Come on, let's leave the abuser alone." She said, making sure that he heard every one of her words as she tugged me away from the net.