Mr Kingston's Roommate|03

Edited

Leila's POV
Skeptical

Something soft touched my cheek, then it trickled to my arm, then back up to my cheek again. I giggled at the tickling sensation that rippled through my body and turned over once it had stopped. Unfortunately for me, what followed next was not exactly how I expected my first morning of school to pan out.

"WAKE UP!"

I sprung upright at the blaring voice that pierced through my ears and peeled my burning eyes open to find professor Kingston standing at the foot of the bed already adorned in his work attire. "What the hell is your problem?!" I don't care if he's a professor here. Just the fact that it was confirmed that he's in my age group—meaning he's between 20 to 25—is enough for me to knock back the respect just a tad bit.

And also the fact that he's also an asshole.

Although he did finally give in and allowed me to sleep on his bed—which was extremely uncomfortable seeing as our dynamic is gravely imbalanced—he's still an A-hole. His sharp jawline and ocean blue eyes aren't enough to sway me.

"My problem is watching you sleep comfortably on my bed whilst I run around the room preparing for class like a responsible person. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that your first lecture is 9 am. It's currently 8:30."

"Well, why didn't you wake me up sooner?!"

He gazed back at me in astonishment. It's only been one night in this room with this man and I already can't stand his guts. He rubs me off as a condescending asshole who just doesn't have a nice bone in his body. Understandable guy my ass. "Oh, I'm sorry but I don't recall waking up an unexpected roommate for school was on my job description when I was offered this job."

He does have a point. And regardless of how and what time he woke me up, he still chose to do so. He could have left without so much as a word and yet still here we are. At least I have half an hour to prepare. "Now that this is settled," he said as he straightened his tie, "don't be late for my class." His class?! He's my English professor? There's absolutely no way.

Before I could ask him to elaborate further, he sauntered out of the room, leaving me with a pounding headache, unprepared for school and quite possibly a thousand questions. I don't think my current situation has dawned on me yet. I'm sharing a dorm room with a professor. A MALE professor.

Reese is gonna freak.

I climbed out of bed and began to prepare for class. After taking a quick shower, I was forced to do a light natural makeup look seeing as I have little time left. Once I had climbed into my blue ditsy floral dress, I finished off my look with a pair of converse sneakers, retrieved my side bag from beside my unemptied suitcase and rushed out of the room.

I usually skipped breakfast back home for the sole purpose of avoiding my father in the mornings and only ate once he went to work or at school during lunch. So skipping a meal or two has no effect on me. After locking the door behind me, I began to trek down the hallway with my head still hanging low as I tried to place them in my bag.

This, however, led to me bumping into something hard which sent me careening to the floor. I cried in pain as my butt planted against the tiles and shot my death glare up at the girl staring down at me in shock. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry!" She shrieked. "Drake help her up!"

"Why me!?" Standing beside her was a bulky-looking guy. He pouted his lips as he outstretched a hand toward me. I gladly took it and he hoisted me onto my feet swiftly. "We're so sorry, we didn't see you coming this way." The guy said as he tugged the brown-haired girl into his arms. "She's a bit of a clutz you see."