Mr Kingston's Roommate|15

Leila's POV
The party

"Blake you a-hole!" I screeched as I came tumbling out of the washroom. He pivoted on his heels to face me and frowned deeply as he eyed me in annoyance, "what did I do now?" He inquired nonchalantly.

For a second I was lost, forgetting momentarily what it was I had to tell him. He was dressed in a black and white plaid shirt, a blue jacket thrown over it with a pair of beige jeans and his white sneakers. He stared at me for a few seconds, his brows perking upwards as if asking me 'what?'

I snapped out of my reverie and motioned towards the empty bottle of vanilla shampoo in my hand and waved at it frantically, "you used up all my shampoo, the same shampoo I've told you on many occasions to not use! Now my hair is greasy and yucky and I have nothing to wash it out because to you my shampoo is the only source on the earth!"

"Yeah, you should know I don't listen. Plus it smells really nice you can't blame me. Stop complaining, brat," he exclaimed as he began to saunter towards the door. I scoffed in disbelief and made my way into the kitchen to grab anything I could get my hands on.

I grabbed a plate off the counter and rushed back into the room just in time. He was already slipping out of the door, and at the sound of my footsteps he flickered his eyes towards me, and they widened in shock at the plate in my hand.

I rose it above my head and sent it flying towards him. Luckily he slipped out of the door just in time and slammed it shut which caused the ceramic plate to shatter against the door, its sharp pieces flying in every corner of the room.

After what seemed like minutes, the door handle twisted slowly and Blake's head appeared in the crack of the door. His eyes flickered down towards the shattered plate and he gasped as he snapped his head towards me.

"Leila, my grandma gave me that plate just before she died. It belonged to my great-great-grandmother who passed it down for generations, and she only had a grandson, so she gave it to me. It seems dumb but it's a family tradition, I was supposed to give this to my grandkid!"

"Blake I-"

"I-I was gonna buy you more shampoo, believe me. I'm sorry I used all but- Leila. . ." He drawled out, his lips falling into a frown. I rushed towards the door and fell onto my knees, making sure that there weren't any shards of glass beside me.

"I'm sorry Blake, I–I'm so sorry, I'll do anything to repay this. I'll even give you money, yeah I've five dollars!" I exclaimed frantically. I know that was ridiculous to say but I panicked. Come on, I broke a family heirloom.

"No, you can't replace this-" he sighed, then he leaned against the wall and peered up at the ceiling for a few seconds before his eyes widened, "-unless you do something for me in return." He said slowly, his eyes flickering back down at me.

"What is it?"

"Would you so kindly correct the last of my assignments for me? It's not much, I'm not putting you to hard labour and I promise I'll get your shampoo back but it's the least you could do." He mumbled, his lips falling into a pout. I sighed deeply and nodded my head vigorously as I began to pick up the pieces of ceramic.

"Okay, fine!"

"Thank you, this will not go unnoticed miss Hart." He said as he motioned towards the couch stacked with piles of files. I groaned deeply and turned back towards the door, only to see him already gone. 

Did I just get played? 

•••

"Please, please, please. You've been distant from us lately and we just wanna go to the frat house party. Why don't you just join a sorority while you're at it?" Sam exclaimed, her hands digging into my shoulder blades.