Mr Kingston's Roommate|45

Leila's POV
The Date #1

"I want to take you out," Blake whined childishly. I spun around to face him and smiled, "you said that like a week ago, and plus I'm busy with schoolwork, I'm trying to catch up as fast as possible." He slipped off the bed and stumbled towards me before grabbing the handles of the chair and dragging it towards him.

Blake and I have been cooped up in this room for the past week ever since summer vacation began. Me, more so that I could catch up on any assignments I missed by any chance, which I have and Blake to assist me. Although he doesn't want to admit it, I know he spent his entire week in here just because he didn't want to leave me. 

Helping me with my work was just an excuse. I wasn't complaining though, Blake was once a child prodigy who got his PhD at the tender age of 20. There's no one I trust more to tutor me than Blake himself. 

His face hovered before mine, his breath was heavy on my skin and I couldn't tear my eyes away from his blue irises, the more I stared into them, the more I became mesmerized. "I didn't take you out because you had work to do. But you've had enough, it's time to take a break." Those words coming from him were more than just astonishing.

 Blake is usually all about work, no-nonsense business and now he's the one pressuring me to go out? Oh, how the turn tables have. 

"Let me think," I mused. He remained silent, appearing as if he were dangling at the edge of his seat anxious for my answer. "No," his lips lifted into a giddy smile, "great! Wear something nice, not too casual but not too formal you know? Like one of your sundresses, I like those, you look really beautiful in them."

I gawked at him, what the hell was even going through that big brain of his?" Y-you do realize I said no right?" He pivoted on his heels to face me and said in monotone, "I'm sorry but the word 'no' cannot be found in my dictionary, please try again later." I bellowed out in laughter, unable to contain it inside. 

Looking back on how Blake's and I relationship started, I'm proud to say we've come a long way.  I thought Blake would have given me hell, I mean the first few weeks he did, we were mortal enemies, but eventually, Blake became the person I looked to for comfort. 

And right now I couldn't be happier. 

"Fine since you're so persistent we'll go on a date, and it better be a good one too because you're cutting my studies short. I expected better from you, professor." Instead of responding he wrapped his arms around my waist and hoisted me off the computer chair effortlessly. 

I wrapped my legs around his waist and squealed loudly as his grip tightened around my waist and he drew back towards the bed until he plopped down onto it. With me still in his arms, he lowered his head down onto my chest and snuggled close to me, smiling softly to himself. 

A few weeks ago I'd probably crawl into a hole, embarrassed by the position we were currently in. But Blake and I have come such a long way I no longer feel nervous and uneasy around him. I feel safe in his hands, comforted, loved. I ran my hands through his silky hair and smiled as I laid my chin on top of his head. 

This past week, since summer vacation began although I've been indulged in school, it's still been blissful spending every day with Blake and I hope nothing else tears us apart. "You know. . you've managed to make me the happiest man in the world," he whispered. His chest rumbled against mine as he spoke and his fingertips drew circles against my exposed skin. 

I squirmed in his arms, "I doubt that," I replied. 

He hugged me tightly - at least tighter than he already was - his cheek was nestled against my chest or to not put it so lightly; atop my exposed cleavage. I cleared my throat and retracted my hands from his hair, "hey, you gonna let me go now?" I asked, part of me hoping that he'd say yes, the other no.