Mr Kingston's Roommate|18

Leila's POV
Family

"Leila, I know that this must be a rough time for you, we've all been through these traumatic times, but it's time to get back to the real world. Your grades are decreasing and midterms are just around the corner. If you don't pass this next assignment, I'm afraid that I might have to fail you." Professor Corneille exclaimed as he sauntered towards his desk.

"But professor Corneille even if I do this assignment my grades will still be low. A little above average for the most, I can't have that." I mumbled as I fell in step behind him. He shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly and shoved his files into his folder.

"Okay, if you get at least an 80 on this next assignment, I'll bump it up by ten alright? Don't tell anyone, I can't have students thinking I'm an easy target. I'm only doing this because I want all my students to succeed, and quite frankly you're the only one failing this class right now." 

I nodded my head vigorously and flashed him a smile as he handed me the assignment. His lips were pursed in a thin line, "I hope you're okay miss Hart, I know your personal life can get in the way of your studies but you can't afford to have that right now. Please don't disappoint me.

~~~

~1 week ago~

"Goodbye, Leila." He mumbled, his eyes boring into mine as if he were reading into my soul. The moment he was gone I closed the door behind me and leaned against it, ignoring the curious stares that swivelled my way from confused students sauntering down the hallway.

I found myself standing before Sam's dorm room, and for a moment I wondered how I even got there. But I was here, and I didn't want to be alone, I didn't want to be curled up in a ball, crying my eyes out again and I sure as hell didn't want Blake walking in on me doing it either.

I knocked on the door softly and waited patiently, waited until the door flew open and both my friends peered up at me, their faces dumbstruck, angry, confused, sympathetic. I shrugged nonchalantly as a chuckle escaped my lips, "h-he broke up with me."

They both pulled me into their arms and my composure which I tried so hard to keep steady completely crumbled the moment I fell into their arms. I sobbed into Sam's chest, clinging onto her as if my life depended on it. 

They lowered me down onto the bed and I lowered my head onto Sam's lap, curling into myself, "I d-don't have anyone left. No one. . ." I whispered softly and Midge lowered herself down before me, her hands caressing my cheek. "I'm gonna ask you something, Leila. And whatever your answer is, I'm warning you my response might be hurtful." She suddenly said. 

"W-what?"

"Did you go after him? When he left your room did you run after him?" She inquired, her eyes assessing me intently. "I-n-no I didn't but that was because I knew nothing would come out of it."

"No, you didn't run after him because subconsciously you knew that you had to let him go, it was time. Leila, if you're in love with someone, and you know that they're the one you're gonna spend the rest of your life with and they up and leave? You're gonna fight for them. Now it may not always be the case in every relationship. . .but I know you and I know when you want something you always fight for it. You don't love Reese anymore, you haven't for a long time. 

You've mistaken love for comfort and company. But no more, okay? You have us, you have Sam, Peter, me and believe it or not you have Blake. You're not alone anymore, you don't have to depend on one person anymore. We love you, we always will. Remember that, please?"