Mr Kingston's Roommate|51

Leila's POV
You don't belong

"You don't belong here, Leila." Despite him being right beside me, his voice still echoed around the room as if he weren't laying right here. It was weird, I've grown accustomed to it so I can't complain, but it felt as if he was nowhere and everywhere all at the same time.

"I know, but I'm with you, right? After four years I'm finally with you." Kyle pushed me away from him and sat upright, his lips fell into a thin line, his brown eyes peered down into mine, penetrating through my soul. He wasn't kidding, "you've overstayed your welcome, you need to go back."  

I tore my gaze away from him and slumped back down onto the bed, ignoring his scrutinizing gaze. I know my brother was demanding and sometimes strict, but after not seeing him for so long I'd expect him to at least want to spend a few moments with me before shoving me back into the real world. "I've only been here for a day, Kyle, why are you so eager for me to go back already?" 

"You haven't been here for a day Leila. You've been here for three months."

I snapped my head towards him and froze. The memories came flooding back into my mind like a gust of strong wind. This conversation has happened every morning for approximately 91 days, and every day despite what we're doing I always forget I've been here for this long until he reminds me and it all comes back. I don't understand how it works, if it's a memory lapse, but for some reason, I seem to be the only one forgetting. 

Maybe it's because I don't belong here? 

No, I can't let Kyle persuade me.

"Come on," he said as he grabbed my hand, not waiting for my response as he tugged me off the bed. I followed in suit behind him against my better judgement, through the front door until the house began to disintegrate behind us, crumbling to the floor until it became nothing but an empty space. 

I knew where this was going. He was bringing me back to the oak tree. The one where Blake and I sat under that day we went to the park, it's one of those moments I'll always cherish with him. Under that oak tree was what seemed too real to be true.

It was me- my physical body laying on what seemed to be a hospital bed, wires connecting to my chard skin. My chest rose and fell steadily, my eyes were closed shut, unable to open for the past three months. He brought me here every day to remind me that supposedly I was still alive. 

I didn't believe it, this might as well just be part of this world or it's Kyle manipulating me into leaving. Why should I leave? I love this place. "Look at that," Kyle said as he motioned towards Blake sat beside my hospital bed, his head bent in an awkward position as he slipped into a dream state, unable to leave my side. 

The image was haunting. "He's there, and you're - well your spirit is here." 

I turned towards him, "do you always see what's going on down there? Like I know you were watching over me but do you spy on me or something?" I inquired incredulously. Although Kyle has made it clear that I'm able to see what happens in the real world, I'm still skeptical. I'm dreaming, none of this is real.

"Are you worried that I've seen you doing the dirty sister?" He smirked. 

"W–What? No! No god Kyle you're so narrow-minded!" I hissed as I slapped his hand away from my shoulder, cursing him under my breath. He tilted his head towards me and smiled, "in Hades, we don't curse one another, especially not on our side." Did he expect me to believe we were in Hades? If all of this was real, where's mom?