Mr Kingston's Roommate|29

Blake's POV
Out of the forest

She storms out of the room, her head hung low, eyes piercing to the ground, and I desperately wanted her to just look me in the eye and know that Erika was not here for anything more than a five-minute chat-against my better judgement I let her in to have this so-called important conversation when I should have just kept it outside.

I know that this, along with what I said last week has made it incredibly hard to think that I still cared and wanted to be with Leila. What I said last week was impulsive and most likely ruined any chance of Leila coming to a definite decision. 

I just hope she knows that I haven't given up yet.

"Why is she such a moody bitch?" Erika exclaimed, scoffing under her breath as she sauntered across the room, flopping down onto Leila's bed. I cringed, fighting back the urge to grab her by the arm and kick her out of my room.

But unlike last time, Erika didn't seem to come here on her behalf, but rather my mom's.

"Erika cut the crap. What's so urgent it couldn't wait?" I asked, leaning against the wall behind me as I glared at her. "Your mom is sick Blake." She said nonchalantly, and if it weren't for me knowing that Erika doesn't joke around when she speaks or would even have the nerve to lie about something like this; I'd think she was really lying due to the stoic expression on her face.

"If my mom is sick why do you know before me?" I inquired. 

"She called me some time ago today because she couldn't get a hold of you. She knew I was remaining in America and knew I had seen you before so she called me, gave me the news and told me to tell you to call her."

I knew I shouldn't have turned off my phone.

"You need to fly back to Scotland, Blake. Obviously not for my sake but for your mom's sake." 

"What is she sick with?" I asked, suddenly growing nervous. She parted her lips to reply but before she could I shook my head vigorously and fetched my phone from my pocket. I turned it on, ignoring Erika's grunts of frustration from across the room.

If my mom was seriously ill there wasn't any room for question as to whether or not I'd be flying back to visit her. She's my mother for crying out loud, the only other woman in my life I cared for more than my own. 

It's true, I didn't want to leave Leila, especially not during a time like this and especially since during the past week, it was evident she has grown a lot closer to Peter. I mean, we are on a break, whatever she does with him is her concern, as long as she knows she doesn't want to be with him, I'm fine.

She'll be fine. 

Right?

When my phone finally came to life, I immediately navigated my way to the call logs and dialled her number. I flickered my eyes towards Erika to find her eyes scanning over Leila's stuff, her lips downturned into a sneer as she glared daggers at everything that belonged to her. 

I rolled my eyes and pivoted on my heels, facing away from her so as to not grow even more annoyed and angry. The phone stopped ringing and my mom's voice echoed from the other line, soft, comforting like I always remembered and I found myself smiling, suddenly feeling like I'm back home again.