Chapter 19

****NOT EDITED****
"Mum, d-did you know that I was born with a working uterus?" Niall asked, still looking anywhere but at his mom. Maura froze in her seat, staring at her youngest child.

"Niall, sweetie-"

"Did you know?" Niall asked again, cutting off his mom.

"I did. We found out shortly after you were born."

"Why didn't you tell me?!"

"I didn't think it mattered, sweetie."

"I'm gay, mum. Why would you think that doesn't matter? That, that's something I don't need to know?" Niall was on the verge of tears.

"I just thought it was better of you didn't know. Why are you asking me this? What did the doctor say?" Niall slightly blushed at the question. Suddenly realizing that by telling his mom he's pregnant, he'd be confirming that him and Harry have had sex.

"I'm pregnant." Niall decided to blurt it out, like how one would just rip off a bandaid. "So it would have been nice to know that information so I could've known that having unprotected sex with my boyfriend would result in that." Niall stood up and walked away. Once he made it to his room, he let the tears fall.

"I'm so sorry, Maura. He's been a little off since we found out." Harry sighed when Niall left the room.

"It's okay, Harry. I should have told him when I knew you two were sexually active."

"He's scared and I don't know how to help him. I don't know how to reassure him that he's still the person, that being able to carry a child doesn't change the way anyone will feel about it. I don't know what to do."

"Just be there for him, sweetheart. That's all you can do." Maura grabbed Harry's hand and squeezed it gently. "Are you staying for dinner?"

"Oh, I was actually hoping I could take Niall to mine tonight for dinner with my mum and sister."

"Of course, that's fine. Tell your mum I said hi." Maura said as she stood up.

"I will." Harry smiled. He stood up and walked to his boyfriends room. He stepped in and could hear the sobs of his boyfriend. His heart broke at the sound. He laid next to Niall in the bed and pulled the smaller boy into his arms.

"Baby boy, look at me." Niall shook his head. "Come on, love. Look at me for a minute." Niall whined, but looked at Harry.

"What?" Niall mumbled. Harry smiled softly and wiped the smaller boy's tears away with his thumbs.

"Don't cry. You're too pretty to cry." Niall pouted.

"I'm a man. I'm not pretty." Harry chuckled.

"My point still stands. Now why are you upset, my love?"

"My mum kept this huge secret from me and then said it didn't matter if I knew or not."

"Ni, your mum loves you. In her mind, she was protecting you from this."

"How?" Niall asked, not understanding what she could possibly be protecting him from.

"Not sure, baby. I'm not in your mums mind." Niall huffed. "Babe, listen. I don't know why your parents didn't tell you about this. I don't think we'll ever know, but what I do know, is that I love you. I love you so fucking much it almost hurts. You're the love of my life, Ni. Nothing will change that. We're having a baby, Ni. An actual human being that is half me and half you. You have a gift, love, and I cannot wait to start a family with you." Niall's heart warmed at Harry's little mini speech.

"Ditto, Haz." Niall whispered, pecking his boyfriend's lips.

"Now, will you come with me back home and have dinner with my mum and Gemma? Maybe we can tell them the news." Harry smiles. Niall pretended to think.