3

authors note:  from now on, all text in bold will be a note from me. it'll just be additional information that you need to know so that the story makes sense.

I walk into the changing room and the room is buzzing with conversation. I find a spot next to Alexis (cheer co-captain).

"Hey girl, long time no talk." She says. She's always so bubbly to the point where people think it's an act she puts on, just because she's a cheerleader but that's just the way she is.

"Just annoying arrogant boys that love to make moves without thinking about what the consequences would be." I say.

"Noah Johnson?"

"Yep."

I take off my shorts and crop top and put on my sports bra that says Sea City on it. I put on my nike pro shorts and trainers and head outside. The footballers are doing drills and I choose not to look in that direction before I regret it. The team gathers around Alexis and I and we talk competitions for the season.

"All right ladies! The first big game is in two weeks and we need a spotless performance for the crowd. Let's line up in the positions you're comfortable with." Lexi yells.

They line up with an equal amount of bases and tumblers and 4 flyers. While we put the teams in their starting positions, Gracelyn, a flyer in a group was having trouble with the positions. I looked over at Lexi and she nodded her head in their direction.

"Ok guys, the routine isn't hard. Lift up, cupie position, heel stretch and straddle jump before catching her and landing in a square formation. Ok?" I said. "Could you show me?" Gracelyn asked and I nodded.

They lifted me up and I stood in a cupie position. I looked to my right and all the footballers looked in our direction, watching me. I breathed in and out before they lowered me and went into a heel stretch went up and I held it in place. I looked down and Lexi was impressed and Noah was standing next to her.

Wait, Noah!?!?!?

I managed to keep my balance and Lexi did the count in. "Maddy, I want you to show them the next part of the lift," Lexi asked and I nodded. "After cupie, go into a liberty position and then you do a scorpion, a spin and then the straddle jump down." She yelled and I did the routine effortlessly and when I did the straddle jump, the bases lost control and I was falling.

I braced for the hard grass but I fell into someone's arms. I opened my eyes and ended up looking into Noah's eyes. He was smiling at me like he wanted me to fall. "You can put me down now." I say in an irritated tone. He snapped put of his gaze and gently put me down.

"Ok! That's how it's done, without the drop at the end. Practice in your groups and we'll see what we have." I said and they went off in their groups while Lexi and I were practicing the tumbling routines. "Hey, what happened with Noah?" She asked while I was stretching.

I stopped and shrugged. "I don't even know how he ended up next to you and not with his team. He's trying to get my attention but I'm not dealing with it. I wanted this year to be lowkey but at this rate, Victoria is gonna be breathing down my neck and I don't have time for it." I explained.

She nodded and showed me the tumbling routine we were gonna do. "So at the beginning, the groups are gonna do the routine we just showed them and we're gonna do this tumbling routine staring on either side of the field space. Got it?"
I nodded. The sequence wasn't too difficult, it was just front handspring, front tuck, front walkover and a round off. While the others were rehearsing, we practiced the sequence and it was amazing.

We finished for the day and I was walking back to my car. "Madison!" Zayn yells behind me. I turn around to face him. "Hey," He says once he caught up to me. "Do you know if Mia's single?" He asks. "Yes, I do know." I say. He stands there waiting for an answer.

"No, I'm not going to tell you, Zayn." I say before opening my car boot and throwing my cheer bag inside. "Pleaseeeee???" He begs and I laugh at him. I get into the front seat and yell "Noooooo!!!!" before shutting the door and driving out of the school parking lot.

___________________