22

As I walk into the sea, the cold water hits my legs and I shiver.
Surfing has always been a passion of mine. My dad taught me when I was 8 and I was surfing non stop until I was about 12 and a half. After my dad died, the thought scared me.

It took over my mind and I just couldn't bring myself to come back. Just the simple touch of the cool water on my feet, sends waves of nausea but I swallow it down. As I step further into the sea, I feel like I'm taking the biggest risk of my life. I turn back to see Mia staring at my with content eyes and Lexi, just screaming her ass off. I chuckle and turn around to face the bright blue waters.

I place out my board and sit on it and attach the rope to my ankle and look out to the sea one more time. I take a deep breath and lay flat on my stomach and start paddling.

The further I paddle out, the more braver I feel. I sit and watch as a medium wave comes up. "This is just a starter." I say to myself. I swim up to it and as soon as the wave comes under my board, I jump up and stretch my arms out for support.
Surfing is such a natural thing to me, that I don't even have to think about what I'm doing. The air whipping past my face makes me feel so alive. Just for a few minutes, I forget about all of my problems. The wind came and swept them off of me and I feel free.

I surf downwards to the bottom of the wave and attempt a simple bottom turn. I perfect it and smile to myself. I try the tail slide and when I land it, I hear distant claps and cheers. I face the sand to see crowds of people cheering and clapping.
When it comes to surfing, I'm not used to the spotlights and it honestly kind of freaks me out so I try to block out the cheering. I breathe in and out before bending and leaping off the board into an ariel.

As I'm in the air, I feel the cold splash of water and the moment slows down.
My hand reaches in to touch the water and the fresh feel tingles through my fingers and up my arms.

This is what surfing does to me. It builds excitement in me and it kind of blocks out the rest of the world. It makes me feel like it's just me, the sea and my board. My body instantly responds to the feel of my feet on my board and the wet hair on my back and the trickles of water beading down my stomach and face.
Time speeds up and I land perfectly on my board.
The crowd erupts even more.
I laugh to myself before focusing on the waves again. Now that people are watching, I don't want to fall.
I do a few more tricks before the wave goes and I paddle back to shore. I run over to drop my board back and as I'm walking back towards Mia and Lexi, people come and compliment me and whistles coming from guys as well. I undo my ponytail and shake my damp, loose wavy curls. "My bitch can ride wavesss!" Mia squeals and I roll my eyes. I hear a faint sound of someone shouting my name. I turn around and in the far distance, for a split second, I thought I saw Noah. I look closely but the person vanished.
I shrug and turn back around to sit down. We relax for the rest of the day and eventually head back to Lexi's car.
"Umm, Madison? There's an envelope that says your name on it attached to my windshield." Lexi says handing it to me. I open it up and read it. Mia and Lexi are anxiously waiting so hear what it says. "All it says is We need to talk princess" I reply.
"Well, who the hell could that be?!" Mia exclaims. Lexi nods in agreement. I shrug.

The truth is, I know exactly who it was.

We enter Lexi's car, with me still clinging onto the note. I sit at the back so Lexi nor Mia can see who I'm texting.

"Hey Lex, Can you take me back down to the beach? I have to meet the person there

"Hey Lex, Can you take me back down to the beach? I have to meet the person there." I explain.

"Should we come?"

"No it's cool. I can go alone." I reply.

"And Mia, no eavesdropping! Go home." I say and she sighs heavily. I raise my eyebrow at her. "What?! I'm your best friend! Some unknown stranger wants to meet you at the beach ALONE. What the hell did you expect me to do?" She exclaims. I laugh at her as Lexi pulls the car to a stop outside the beach.

"The person's no stranger." I say while stepping out of the car and shutting the door. I wave to them as she drives away and make my way back to the beach.
I reach halfway across the sand and stop to stare out at the ocean. As I stare out, time seems to stand still. That's what I love about the beach. The sun starts to set and the sky turns a beautiful orange and I sigh, taking in the sight.

"It's perfect, isn't it?" a voice says. I spin around and come face to face with those enriching hazel eyes. Ones that I've missed.
"Yeah," I breathe out, still looking at him. "Listen," He begins while putting his hands in his pocket. "I'm sorry for how I acted. I have a problem. One that I'm not ready to tell anyone other than my family." I sigh and nod my head. "I've missed you, princess." He looks up from the floor and says. His eyes are filled with care and lust.

I swear, my legs nearly gave in.
How does he do it? I never used to like him, but he managed to weave his way into my life and I actually enjoy his company.
I missed everything about him. From his dirty jokes to his annoying smirk and his smile. I missed it all. I can't even try to deny what's happening to me.

I've fallen for him.hard.