40

noah's pov:

She searches for me and I watch her. She looks so strong but so scared. She needs me. I get up and make my way to her, but it's too late. Her mom pulled the trigger. She couldn't move. Mia and Lexi tried helping her but she couldn't move. "She can't move!" Mia yelled. The bullet hit her on her leg. I had her in my arms. She was bleeding uncontrollably. Students were running around, screaming. Mia collapsed crying and Lexi was trying to comfort her. Luke runs over with a bandage. The wound is deep and she's passed out. "Bro! I need you to start up the car, get Mia and Lexi inside with her." I roar over the chaos.

He nods and takes Mia but she can't move. He picks her up and she wraps her legs around his waist. Lexi follows them. I wrap the bandage around the wound and carry Madison bridal style through the corridors. When I got to the parking lot, Luke had his car ready with the door open. I placed her inside and kissed her on the forehead. "Take her to the nearest hospital." I command and he nods. The car speeds out of school and down the road. I turn around and students are running into their cars and driving off.

Sirens are echoing throughout the driveway. I walk back into the school with my fists by my side. I will find the woman that shot my girl, even if I have to die in the process.

I walk into the school and the corridors are empty. Silence deafens the entire school. I walk back into the cafeteria to find her sitting there watching me, as if she knew I was going to look for her. "You must be the boyfriend," She says getting up and walking over to me. She brings out her hand for me to shake but I stare at it. I look up again and she has her gun pointing at me. "You won't say anything. I know where you live, boy." She threatened. Then it hit me.

Flashback from Chapter 20:

"I'm just convinced someone was behind the bushes near the car and I feel like it could've been my mom cause she is trying to track me down and I thought she might be following us to your place and planning to attack and I just don't want you and your family to get hurt because I don't even know them and this is my problem and if something was to happen to them, I would never forgive myself."

"You were at Olivia's place. Madison wasn't hearing things." I say in awe. "Bingo!" She says with an evil voice before laughing. "With the bullet I shot her, she's most likely to be in a coma for weeks. As for you, I'm thinking more a brain tumur. What do you think? Or should I aim for the heart instead?" She asks innocently.

"Lisa Lawson, drop the weapon and put your hands in the air." An officer calls. Seconds later, more officers fill the cafeteria. She's still pointing the gun at me and gives me a sickly smile. She spins around and shoots three officers all at once. They drop to the floor. A few more try to attack her and one shoots her in the leg. She cries in agony and points the gun at me. "Your next."

Bang!

Pains fills my entire body and I clutch my shoulder and pull back to see blood etched all over my hand. Officers handcuff her and paramedics file in. I see lights and darkness fills me.