59

madison's pov:

Lexi and I come out of the mall with our arms filled to the brim with bags. "Shopping really does change a girl." Lexi sighed as we finally reached my car. "Can you drive? I need to text Noah." I ask sweetly waving my keys in her face. She looks at me, then down and my keys then back up at me. She playfully glares at me while snatching the keys out of my hands. We load the car with our things before I slide into shotgun and Lexi takes the driver's seat.

Noah says that Luke wants to talk to me...

I look at the text before mentally debating with myself.

Pros of telling Lexi, Luke wants to talk to me:
-Increase stability of our friendship
-Will prove I have nothing to hide to her

Cons of telling Lexi, Luke wants to talk to me:
-She'll be heartbroken
-Her beliefs of him liking will most likely be true
-She'll feel used and neglected
-She'll hate me if she finds out that I never planned on telling her

I decided not to tell her. "My keys are with Noah at his place." I say and she nods and starts the drive towards his place. We arrived and both entered the house. I walked into the familiar living room. Liliana was slouched on the kitchen island with a tub of ice cream and she looked heartbroken.
"What's gotten your mood in a twist?" I ask playfully and her head snaps up before she turns to face me, her eyes widening when she sees me. She lets out a high pitched scream before running towards me and jumping into my arms.

Aiden and Noah run down the stairs, only to be calmed when they see the sight. Noah disapears as soon as he sees me which makes me tense but Liliana doesn't suspect it. "I need to talk to you." Aiden says pointing to Lexi and he disapears up the stairs as well. Lexi stands still on the spot and I place Liliana on the floor before practically pushing Lexi towards the staircase and she gets the hint and goes up.

Noah comes back down with my keys in his hand. He hands them to me before scratching the back of his head awkwardly. "I just wanted to apologise on behalf of everyone for this morning. I, I mean we, didn't mean to break into your house, we just wanted to know why you left so early. Is it because I called you-"

"No. Don't say it." I cut him off.
"But I enjoy saying-" He starts again before I cut him off, again.
"No Noah. Don't say it. Please." I beg. He sighs and stops talking.
"Luke is at your house now, waiting for you. Aiden will drop Lexi home." He says quietly and I nod. I give Liliana one big hug before heading out of his house.

My leg is bouncing up and down because of the anticipation. What could Luke possibly want to talk to me about? Did I do something wrong? Did it have to do with Lexi? What if he's planning on breaking up with her?!

I step on the brakes at the thought but realise I'm home anyway. I grab my things before climbing out of the car and locking it. I slowly make my way up to my floor and notice that Luke is standing outside my door.

He's deep in thought and doesn't seem to notice me standing in front of him. I slap him hard across the face and he zones back to reality. He's about to argue with me before I stop him. "Don't even try it." I say and he shuts his mouth. I open the door and he sits on the couch. I lock the door and can't hold it in any more.
"Are you planning on breaking up with Lexi?" I blurt. He sits there stunned.
"Answer the fucking question Luke!" I yell and he gets up on his feet.

He slowly walks towards me and I start cautiously backing up until my back comes in contact with the wall. He's standing right in front of me and I can hear his chest rising and falling.
His hand trails up to my neck and I wince at his touch, like it's a thorn. "Madison, you're so beautiful." He gasps bringing his lips closer to mine. I try to wriggle away but find I'm frozen on the spot. Rosie starts barking and he jumps. I use that time to step away from him and pick up Rosie.