19

I trudge up the stairs quietly to Mia's room. She shuts the door slowly while I drop onto her bed face first. "Wanna explain to me why a last minute sleepover at 3:50 in the morning was requested?" I sigh in response.

So much has happened in the space of only a few hours.

"First off, How did you even know I was coming?" I asked. "Aiden called. I had no idea him and Noah were brothers!" She whispered. I was too tired to answer so I nodded. "I went to sleepover at Noah's place and he splashed water on me and started screaming at me and I stormed out and now we're back where we started." I explain. I look down at my acrylic nails, suddenly so fascinated by them. My phone chimes in my pocket and I take it out to see...

 My phone chimes in my pocket and I take it out to see

I roll my eyes and show Mia the text. She gave me a confused look. "What the hell is the matter with him?!" She whisper yells. I shrug and walk into her bathroom. I look at myself I the mirror. I have surprising bruises on my face, my eyes are blotchy red from my crying and my hair is damp. I decide to put my hair in french braids for the night and I rub on the soles on my feet. They're red and blistery from running. I sigh as I splash my face with water and walk back into the room.

She looks up from her phone when I enter the room. "You ok, Mads?" She asks as I walk to bed and pick up my phone. I see 5 missed calls from Noah and 8 texts as well that I choose not to answer. Olivia texted as well to ask how I was doing.

I drop my phone on the floor in frustration

I drop my phone on the floor in frustration. "Why is everyone choosing to make my life miserable?" Mia laughs and I glare at her. I take a moment to look at her room properly. She got it redone a few days ago and this is the first time I'm seeing it. There are tons of beautiful shades of pink with a gorgeous chandelier hanging from the ceiling. Her room kinda reminds me of a 13-year-old's room but it looks more stylish and grown up.

 Her room kinda reminds me of a 13-year-old's room but it looks more stylish and grown up

She notices me taking in her room. "Like it?" She asks and I nod in awe. "I didn't want neutral colours like your room. I wanted it to look bright but prestigious at the same time, almost like if Chanel did room decorations. You get what I mean?" She asks. "Yeah I totally get it and it looks awesome Mia." I say.

I put my phone down and get into her covers. "Going to sleep already? I wanted to watch this new series on Netflix called 'Riverdale'. It's really good apparently." She says while flicking through her recent shows. I stare at her recents confused. "You've been watching Ben and Holly's little Kingdom?" I ask. "I've been bored ok?!?" She complains and I stifle a giggle.

I grab the remote from her and turn the tv off. She gives me a look that a toddler would as if someone took her lollipop. "No watching tv. If I wanted to binge watch Netflix, I would've asked for a girls night." I say before turning around to face
the other side of the room. I hear her sigh really loudly as if she's trying to get my attention and I roll my eyes before drifting off to sleep.

*********************

"Hello?" I say. Someone is banging on the front door. I quietly tip toe to the door of our house. It's 3am and I was up all night. I've been hearing groans and screams all over the house, yet I'm home alone. I open the door to find my mother standing there with a gun pointing at me, cackling like a witch.

She's covered in blood and has a bin bag. She hands it to me. "Thought you might want his body for the funeral, thats's if you're alive for that long." She says and dumps the bag on my doorstep. "You're lucky I don't shoot you right now," She whispers in a low spine-chilling voice. "I want to give you time to say your goodbyes to everyone. Go on, take a look inside the bag." She disapears into thin air.

I want to open the bag but I can't move my body. I slowly give in a open the bag. Liam is in lying there with a deep bloody hole in his chest where his heart should be. His head us bashed up with blood oozing out of it. I immediately break down and scream and begin to sob. Then all of a sudden it starts raining, heavily.

I snap up covered in water. Mia is standing there with a cup in her hand and her phone. Before I say anything, she shoves her phone in my face. It's a video of me shifting around in her bed. I look distressed. I start mumuring to myself and Mia starts shaking me. I don't wake up. I suddenly start to scream not very loudly but it's enough to wake someone up. She tried to comfort me but I shove her and she falls. She leaves the video and comes back with water and the video stops. I give her her phone back and sigh before burying my face in my hands. "You're having nightmares Madison. No one can wake you up. You have to go and see someone about it." Mia says gently.

I nod, indicating that I heard what she said but the one thought never left my mind.

Noah. We're not talking anymore because of my stubborness.

"Hey, who's top are you wearing?" She asks. "Noah's."I mumble into my hands. "I kinda want breakfast" I say finally removing my hands from my face and brushing my hair out of my face. "At 6:25 in the morning?" She asks. "Aren't your parents still here?"
"Left at 4 in the morning for a business trip. Gone for the week." She says while tapping away on her phone. I glare at her and obviously not paying attention, she continues before I snatch the phone of her and run downstairs. I run straight into the living room and around the couches.

Here's Mia's living room:

Mia runs after me screaming at me to give her phone back

Mia runs after me screaming at me to give her phone back. I look at the messages and she's talking with.
"Zayn!?" I say. I look at her and she's shyly standing there with her legs crossed looking at the floor. "Has he changed yet? Because you know I'm not letting you date him until he's given up what he's doing." I say. "He's getting there" She says. I roll my eyes at her and throw her phone back at her which she catches perfectly. Rosie jumps off the dog bed in the living and starts running around, thinking we're playing a game.

I grab her with two hands and we all walk into the kitchen. "The usual?" Mia asks and I nod frantically. She giggles at me while she gets out the ingredients and bowls for the pancake mix.

While Mia is frying and I'm scrolling through YouTube, her doorbell chimes. I look at the time on my phone.

7:36am

"Maybe your parents forgot something?" I suggest. She shrugs and motions at me to keep an eye on the pancakes while she gets the door.

__________________