16

Noah and I were jamming out to music in his car when my phone started ringing and Olivia's number flashed up on my screen. "Hi Olivia!" I yell, motioning at Noah to turn the music down. "Madison honey, I need you to come to my place." Noah mouths "What's happening?" to me and I shrug and put the call on speaker. "Why? What happened?" I ask. "Someone's broken into your house." She says. I gasp and Noah is gripping onto the steering wheel.

"They think it's your mother so they put the house on lock down so no one can enter or leave." She finishes. "Alright, we're coming over. Is Rosie there?" I ask. "Yeah she's here."
"I can go and stay at a friend's place tonight, I don't want to crowd up your place."

"If you're going to a friend's place, can you come and get Rosie cause we don't know how to look after her." She pleads. "Alright I'm coming." I say before the line goes dead.

10 minutes later, we arrive at Olivia's place and I get out of Noah's car and pull down my dress slightly before walking to the door and ringing the bell. Noah comes up behind and I can feel him next to me and it sends shivers up my spine. Liam swings the door open and his arm is already out holding Rosie's leash. "Just take her. I want sleep tonight." I laugh at his before kissing his forehead.

"Night sleepyhead," I say. "Night Olivia!" I yell and I hear her yell goodnight back. I take Rosie's leash and we head back down towards Noah's car.

"I'll get her strapped up." He says while giving me a hug and taking Rosie's leash from me. I walk over to the other side of the car and wait for Noah to strap in Rosie.

Rustle. Snap.

I turn my head around. Olivia lives in a house just next to a forest so there's always occasional noises.

Click. Snap. Crack!

I snap my head around, but no one is in sight.

"Hahaha!"

I back up against the car just as Noah comes around to greet me. "Are you ok?" He asks looking towards the forest. I shake my head. He gives me another hug but a longer one and wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. "No one is gonna hurt you. I promise." He whispers into my ear.

I nod and he lets go of me and opens the car door so I can get in. Once I'm in, he shuts it for me and jogs around to the other side and gets in. Before he starts the car.

We reverse out of the driveway and down the winding road into the darkness.