Loving Katy prologue (I am Katy)

I yawn as I awake to the sound of my alarm clock, I reach across my bed to reach the blue alarm clock on the white nightstand. my hands fumble to find the off switch on the old fashioned bell alarm clock when the ringing goes silent I pull the covers over my head. As usual just as I'm starting to get comfortable my two-year-old Siberian Husky Roxy starts to lick me all over my face to tell me to wake up and feed her.

"Okay, I'm up," I say.

 I force myself to get up, I slip my feet into my purple unicorn slippers. my fingers find the on button on my phone that was left charging on my vintage style nightstand, and I see the time. Eight thirty! I spring out of my bed. It being eight thirty means that I only have five minutes to get ready and be on time for school.

I race to my white dresser, and Roxy sees my hustle and she starts to bark. As I look down I see that she's running every which way, sometimes I get dizzy just watching her. After what feels like hours I'm finally dressed in my favorite blue suede jacket, white t-shirt, and blue jeans. As I'm about to go downstairs I realize that I don't even have my homework.  My legs race me back to my white nineteen-twenties inspired desk, I rummage through the papers of homework and photos on the surface of the desk to try and find my algebra homework. I search and search. Nothing. Getting frustrated I slam my right hand on my desk.

"Ugh, c'mon where's my math homework?" I exclaim, frustrated

I look around my room for other places I might have put it, and that's when I see Roxy standing right behind me with one of those looks in her eyes. That look that a dog gets when they've done something bad. I walk up to her and I open her mouth only to discover bits of paper in her mouth.

I stand up and look at her,  she just stares at me with her clear blue eyes and starts to whine.

"Great, I say. "How am I supposed to tell my teacher that my dog literally ate my homework?" I ask no one in particular other than my dog.

 She just stares at me. "C'mon, let's go," I say.

I race down the stairs and Roxy's not far behind, but something's different when I get down to the kitchen. Normally I would see my sister Alexa's blonde ponytail, but today I see my mom sitting in the brown leather armchair in the living room enjoying her book and a cup of tea. She notices my rush and gets a puzzled look on her face. 

"Katy, what's the rush for?" she asks.

"I'm getting ready for school," I say. "Isn't it-" she cuts me off. 

"Saturday," she says.

I completely forgot, maybe because I was up so late trying to finish editing a photo for a photography class. I must have accidentally turned my alarm on. 

"Oh," I say When I come to the realization that it was, in fact, a Saturday morning.

"Well, that's good to hear," I say. "Well I'm going back to bed"

Before I do anything I go to the kitchen counter and get the dog food from one of the white cabinets. I pour the dog food into Roxie's turquoise dog bowl. Roxy starts to jump up on the marble counter. "Roxy down" I command. 

Reluctantly she gets off the counter, and stares at the food bowl in my hand with her tail wagging so much I think that it might fall off. I turn around with her food bowl in my left hand. "Roxy sit" I command.

 Very slowly she sits.

 "Good girl" I praise. I put the bowl down, and almost immediately she starts to eat. Before I go upstairs I get a glass of water and my mood stabilizer pill.

If you're thinking that I have bipolar disorder you'd be right, but don't stop reading there. My name is Katy and I'm about to take you on a wild adventure.