Chapter 6 (Falling)

Beep. Beep. Beep

Ugh, I hate Mondays. A lot of teenagers I know hate Mondays, well this girl is no different. As a matter of fact, I've never met another teenager that likes Mondays. The only other thing I hate more than Mondays is waking up early to the sound of an alarm clock so that I don't have to rush to eat and get out the door. But it's a lot less painful then Alexa pouring a glass of ice water on me to wake me up. If you ask she did do that once to wake me up because she wanted to go shopping at 7 o'clock in the morning. Surprisingly though the sound of my alarm didn't wake up Roxy.

I reluctantly sit up in my bed and slip my feet into my cozy slippers. Though I hate mornings the best part of them is having the faint smell of breakfast that is being made downstairs fill my nose. From what I smell now I think its Belgium waffles and maple syrup.

I shuffle over to my white desk and gather my pencils and pens and put them in my pencil case. In doing so Roxy woke up and she trots happily over to my feet waiting for me to say good morning. Before I rub her I shove my laptop and pencil case into my back-pack.

I turn around and get down on one knee and before I can even brace myself she throws her two front legs over my shoulders nearly sending me backwards.

"Good morning girl. Are you hungry?" I ask.

With that, she barks twice, and that's enough for me to know that she wants her breakfast.

I chuckle and get back on my feet and gesture with my head to the door. "C'mon girl," I say and walk out my bedroom door with Roxy close behind.

I shuffle down the stairs and I can already see that my sister is swamped in math work. I also see that my mom is standing at the waffle maker. My dad must still be sleeping because he isn't at the Kitchen Island with a plate of food that he has just finished.

I hit the bottom stair when the smell of bacon washes over me like a wool blanket. I saunter over to one of the stools that is next to my sister at the Kitchen Island and I see that she is half asleep with her head on her forehead. That tells me that she had a late night last night with her friends and boyfriend and didn't she didn't give herself enough time to study for an upcoming math test.

Before I can even set my back-pack on the floor my mom has set a plate full of waffles and bacon. Just the smell of the food is enough to make my mouth start watering.

Just before I dig into my food I hear thundering steps coming down the stairs accompanied by a loud yawn.

My dad is awake

My dad comes around the side of the Kitchen Island and sits in the stool that is across from mine. My mom whips her orange hair and turns around when she notices his presence.

"Good morning David" she chirps.

It's no wonder where my sister got her good looks from. I mean not everyone gets to model Guess jeans at seventeen. I mean most girls wish that they had her pretty face, even if we're out shopping she gets at least ten stares in one hour. I don't know how any other model could compare to her.

"Good morning girls," my dad says.

"Good morning" both Alexa and I reply in unison.

I shove a fork full of waffle into my mouth when Roxy starts whining at my feet I look down and I see that she is giving me her puppy dog eyes and she sees the bacon in my left hand and starts whining even louder.

"I can't give you my bacon," I say.

She only whines louder and tilts her head. Does she think that that is going to work on me? I've had her since she was a puppy. I got used to her puppy dog eyes a long time ago.