chapter 12 (No More Running)

I stretch and groan after being awakened by my dog to get up and feed her. And from being awake for not even one second, I know that today is going to be better than yesterday. Now I know that it's really easy for me to say that today is going to be a better day just by waking up, but I've lived with bipolar since I was born and I didn't even know about it until two years ago. I think I know when I'm having a good day. When I was little I definitely had a bad temper and I would rage over little things like not having my hair done the right way. I know that sounds silly but I didn't know what was going on then since I was about six when I first started experiencing rage and depression.

I look around my room and it's a beautiful sunny day. I hear the birds chirping outside my window. A little robin even lands on the window sill. I get up and the first thing I feel is the warmth of the sunlight on my back. I look out the window and I see that my parent's cars are not in the driveway. They must be doing the morning errands. I look back and see that Jake is still sleeping soundly. I make my way downstairs with Roxy close on my heels.

I open the cupboard with her dog food in it. As soon as I pick up her empty dog bowl she starts jumping on my legs.

"Down" I commanded sternly.

She starts to whine, I don't know if she's trying to say she's sorry, or if she's saying that she wants her breakfast now. I'm going to go with the second option. I put her dog bowl down and she looks at her food and then looks back at me like it's missing something. And I know exactly what it is since there was leftover bacon from yesterday.

"You're such a baby, I can't give you bacon," I say.

She lowers her head like she's disappointed and then she starts to eat her food. I start to make pancakes when I hear someone come down the stairs. When I turn around I see that Jake has come down for breakfast.

"You're just in time, I've started to make pancakes," I say.

He sits on one of the stools and looks at me with a smile. "Oh, goodie" he replies.

I finish plating the pancakes and place them on the table in front of him while I get some plates and maple syrup.

"Now, we have to eat relatively quickly because I have to take my dog for a walk," I say.

"That's no problem" he replies shoving a piece of pancake in his mouth. "I see that you're feeling better"

"Much, considering that yesterday wasn't a good day at all" I reply spraying whipped cream on my pancakes.

"I'm glad to hear that," he says leaning closer to me. "Where are your parents and sister?"

"My parents are out running errands, and my sister is still sleeping" I reply. "It was a long night out with her boyfriend"

He nods his head before kissing me on the forehead.

"But I have to make sure that I tell her that there are pancakes on the table because otherwise, she's going to kill me for not telling her" I reply.

"I take that pancakes are her favourite?" he asks.

I nod my head while I make myself comfortable on one of the stools. He looks at me with the same loving eyes that he's always looked at me with. He turns my stool around to face him better.

"You've just got a little something on your nose," he says wiping a bit of whipped cream off my nose.

I giggle and get up to put my dishes in the dishwasher and walk over to the front hallway where her leash is hung up. When I pick up her ball Roxy comes running over and sits with her back up straight waiting for me to throw the ball. No sooner does Jake walk over and starts to pull his shoes on. I clip the leash to her collar and she instantly starts pulling on the leash for me to open the door.