Chapter 19 (Sisters)

Other kids must be thinking I'm crazy for doing something like this to Marisa, but I'm tired of her trying to hurt me or other people. Of course, I'm scared to do it, but I fear that if I don't do it, then no one will. And I think that's the reason why I want to do it. Also, I have to show her that I'm not afraid of her anymore and that she can't run my world anymore.

My best friend sits next to me on the couch in the basement while we play a game of Buzz on the PlayStation that we have. And she's just about ready to give up when I have won the game for about the fifth time in a row.

"I don't want to stop this until I get a score higher than yours," she says in frustration.

"But we've been playing this game for almost an hour" I plead.

She glares at me. "I'm not stopping," she says in a low tone of voice.

I'll give it to her, she's not a quitter, even though she knows that I almost always win at this game. It's still her favourite to play when she's at our house. Even my sister beats her at it almost every single time and I beat my sister every time without fail.

"Alright then" I reply pressing the start button over again.

And the classic start music comes on again and Serena adjusts herself in her seat so that she's almost sitting on the edge. I pick the quiz that has references to famous movies.

~

Both my parents call us up for dinner after we finish the game, and I'll give it to her, she came close to winning but I crushed her after we were asked what movie was when Jim Carry was chasing a plane out on to the runway. Of course, Liar Liar is one of my favourite movies so the last two questions after that, I got my winning streak back and I destroyed her.

As usual, my sister sits in her normal spot beside me. Tonight we're having pizza (homemade of course) and might I add that my dad makes the best pizza. And I think that Serena would agree with me because she's eating the pizza that's in front of her like she hasn't eaten in months.

It's moments with my friends and family that I cherish, and I know that others should too because I know exactly how quickly it can all be taken from you. I came close to losing this once and that's never going to happen again. And I know that it's also taken a toll on my family and friends. For a while, they treated me like I was some loose cannon like I was going to break at any second and they didn't want to be the ones to set me off. And I'm going to admit that they still treat me like that sometimes, and they know that I hate it but I know that they only do it because they love me.

~

After we're finished eating I help my sister clean up the dishes and Serena starts throwing a pink tennis ball to my dog and making her do all the tricks I taught her.

"So, what happened today before we went to class?" Serena asks knowing that I was up to something.

I shake my head and continue loading the dishwasher. "It's a long story" I reply.

My sister shifts in her seat and tilts her head in confusion. "What's a long story?" she asks.

I know what she's getting at, and now that she's interested I know that there's no way I'm getting out of this.

"Alright, so I caught Marisa and her new boyfriend throwing a ninth grader in a trash can," I say letting out a big sigh.

My sister is now staring at me with her intense blue eyes. "Did you say anything to her?" She asks.

I nod my head. "Yeah, I guess you could say that I gave her a dose of her own medicine" I reply making my sister laugh before engulfing me in a huge hug.