Chapter 2 (First Day back)

I was having the most wonderful sleep when I heard the familiar ring of my alarm clock. I reach my left hand across the bed to find the off switch on the light blue alarm clock, and before I can even get comfortable again I hear Roxy begin to bark. 

"Okay I'm awake," I say.

 I look at Roxy who is now silent "Thanks for reminding me that it's a school day" I say.

She raises her head slightly looking so proud of herself. I slip my feet into my unicorn slippers like I do every morning. I yawn as I shuffle around the side of my bed to get my backpack that's hung in the edge of my bed frame, and I sling the light blue bag over my shoulder. I look around my blue and white room, and I shuffle over to my white desk to grab my laptop. For some reason, the cold surface of my white MacBook Pro always wakes me up slightly in the morning. I slip my computer into its case and into my backpack.

Like most teenagers, I'm not a morning person. Never have but my parents insist that both my sister and I go to a real school, and don't get me wrong I love school but I just wish that it didn't have to start so early. 

Just then the smell of chocolate chip pancakes comes wafting up the stairs. I start to walk down the long hallway of our three-story house. I look down and Roxy is almost tripping over my feet.

Roxy has always done that ever since she was a puppy. Proof that she never leaves my side.

Roxy is down the flight of white stairs before I can even reach them. As always, the first thing I see is my sister Alexa sitting at the kitchen island on the second stool furthest from the left, and of course the first thing I notice is her beautiful blonde hair pulled up into a messy bun, obviously slept in but she is still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. It's no wonder the modelling agency chose her, even though my sister always told me I was the pretty one I don't know how my brown wavy hair and hazel eyes can compare to her long blonde curls and blue eyes. I think that my sister says that to make me feel better because every time when she tells me I'm beautiful it always puts a large grin on my face.

My mom turns around from the stove as she hears me enter the kitchen. "Good morning Katy," she says in a cheerful voice.

 "Good morning" I replied sleepily.

 I walk over to the white stool that is to the left of my sister. I sit down and drop my book bag on the floor with a thud. My sister still hasn't touched the plate full of pancakes in front of her, normally she would be finished her pancakes before I'm even downstairs. That's when I realize that her eyes are still closed. I give her a playful slap on the shoulder to wake her up. She immediately opens her eyes and looks at me with a surprised expression.

 "What was that for?" she asks.

 "Alexa, were you sleeping?" I ask. "Your pancakes are getting cold, and if you won't eat them I will," I say.

She glares at me "I wasn't sleeping I was meditating" she says. 

she always says that when she doesn't get a good night sleep and she falls asleep at the table. She must have been up late finishing a project for school. "You always say that," I say. Before my sister can even open her mouth to say something my mom sighs. "Would you girls stop chatting and finish eating, otherwise you girls are going to be late for school" she says.

Both Alexa and I go to the same high school, even though most siblings would hate that we love it because Alexa and I get along great. Alexa has always been one to let me hang out with her group whenever I choose, and she has always stood up for me whenever someone bullies me when she's around.

I look over at my sister's plate that is already half empty even though it's been only a few minutes since I woke her up. "So, are you excited about going back to school?" she asks.