Epilogue

5 years later.

I take in a deep breath of air as Jake and I walk away from the Luxembourg Palace. The beautiful fragrance of the flowers fills the air and the bright colours light up what would be a very dull walkway. The bright yellows mixed in with pinks and purples make the entire garden look like a sunset. Though we've been here before five years ago, it still takes my breath away. We've been in Paris for about a week and we leave in two days to go back home. Though I think it's something about the city of love that makes everyone want to stay here just a little longer.

I look to my side and see Jake walking right next to me. He looks almost the same as he did five years ago. Same dark brown hair and warm brown eyes, but most of all, he's still got the same warm smile that makes everyone around him want to smile too. He takes my hand and turns me on my heels.

"I've got somewhere I want to take you," he says pulling me harder towards the exit.

Before I can even open my mouth to say something he's already calling a taxi.

~

Before I know it, we're standing at the base of the Eiffel Tower. I remember being here with him like it was yesterday. He gave me the Eiffel Tower charm that's still on my bracelet today.

We stop to take a few pictures and then he's taking me up to the lift to go to the top of the tower. We didn't get to go to the top the last time we were here. He pays for the ticket and the lift is right there to take us all the way up.

The view from the top is spectacular, the feel of the gentle breeze in your face is refreshing. I can see why so many pictures are taken from here. I feel Jake squeeze my hand. I turn around and see that he's got a look on his face that he only gets when he wants to say something.

"I've got a surprise for you," he says.

I have one too.

"So do I" I reply.

His eyes get wide for a second. "Well, you go first," he says.

I shake my head. "No, you" I reply.

He hesitates for a second. "Well Katy, five years ago I almost lost you, and I don't want to feel like that again," he says with his voice shaking a little. "I've never loved anyone as much as I love you"

He pulls something out of his pockets and swiftly gets down on one knee and opens the ring box and shows a beautiful round cut gold diamond ring.

Oh my God!

"So, will you marry me?" he asks.

After he says that, time stops. My breath is taken from me. After a second, the answer is an obvious.

"Yes!" I reply.

He gets up and slides the gold ring on my finger. No sooner as he does that he's giving me the most passionate kiss ever.

He pulls away. "And what was your surprise?" he asks beaming.

"Oh, nothing, I just wanted to wish you a happy Father's Day" I reply.

He looks at me with pure shock. "What?!" He exclaims.

I place his hand gently on my stomach and that's when he knows it's all real.

We're going to be parents.

You wouldn't believe how hard it was to keep that a secret from him for two weeks. I think he knew that something was up, but he couldn't put a finger on it. Even when I knew, I just said that it was stress. If there's one thing that I've learned through this amazing journey is that love is something different for everyone, it's not just what you read in books and what you see in movies, it's an amazing adventure that means something different for everyone. Now a new adventure is just beginning. 

A/N: I just wanted to say that I'm so thankful to all that have read this story and I can't believe that it's finally come to a close. I also wanted to thank my amazing friends who are here on Wattpad who encouraged me to share this story and who have been recommending it to friends. Most of all I want to thank everyone for the amazing opportunity to share a story from a perspective that is misrepresented in the media and about a topic that is taboo to talk about. Every day this gives me hope that one day the world will grow to be more accepting of everyone and that we will accept people for who they are or who they choose to be. More will for sure be coming soon. And remember as Dr. Suess once said: Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened