Chapter 23 (Heartbreak)

It's been by far one of the best four days of my life this week. For starters, we went to New York for our graduating trip and Jake and I just found out that both of us got into Sheridan College. Both of us are ecstatic that we won't be far from each other.

We're in the middle of a long eight-hour drive back home from the Big Apple and we're just passing Syracuse now. This has been the third time I've been to New York, but it never gets old seeing all the lights and feeling the energy of a bustling city that truly never sleeps. Jake rests his head on my shoulder and I can feel that Marisa is watching us like a hawk from behind. I don't even care at this point. The rest of our friends are sitting in the rows in front of us. With the way that Brit is looking at Noah, it's becoming hard to believe that there's not something going on between them. She says it's nothing. Well, she knows it's hard to keep a secret from me (it's hard for her to keep a secret from anyone).

One of the best parts of this whole trip was seeing Serena go crazy at M&M land. Anyone would have looked at her and thought she was a child locked in an eighteen-year-old body (we all thought that). Or getting to see another Broadway show.

I look around me and I see that almost everyone on the bus is sleepy or is already sleeping. Serena is out cold on Claire's shoulder. Claire is also bobbing her head up and down struggling to stay awake.

Looks like every one of us has caught the big city bug.

"What was your favourite part of New York?" Jake asks sleepily.

I smile. "Every part of it" I reply.

Leaning my head against his and slowly drifting off to sleep with him.

~

After about another two hours of driving the bus slides to a stop.

"Alright, everyone time for dinner!" Mr. Chen announces. "Two more hours until we're home"

Everyone starts to wake up and pull out their wallets to go and get something from McDonald's. Serena and Claire are still sleeping though. I know that if we don't wake her up that Serena's going to complain of being hungry for the rest of the ride home.

"Should we wake them up?" jake asks reading my mind.

I nod my head and he pulls out a whoopie-cushion from his bag. I look at him with wide eyes and shake my head, he looks back at me and nods his head. I know that there's no stopping him now. He places the cushion between both of their heads on the headrest behind them and quickly slams his hand down on the cushion.

The loud noise makes both of them scream, everyone in the bus erupted into laughter. In my fit, I look and see that Jake and Noah are doubled-over in laughter and Brittany is laughing so hard that she's turning red.

"Hey what's the big idea huh?" Serena says putting a hand on her hip.

"We're stopping to get some food and we know that if you don't eat that you will complain the rest of the way home" I reply.

She rolls her eyes and gets up and makes her way down the aisle of the bus. "You could have woken us up in a nicer way you know?" she says shaking a finger at us.

I roll my eyes and laugh quietly.

She's always like that with me and I know she's going to get over it before we get back home. Besides, I know she's only joking around.

I force myself to get up and follow the rest of the group outside the bus. The aisle of the bus cramped and crowded with students eager to get out of the bus and finally get something to eat. Little does everyone know that I have an entire box of Levain's Bakery cookies in my backpack. The only reason for that is because Alexa begged me to bring home a big box for us to share. But I know my sister and she's going to eat them all herself so I ended up getting a smaller box with cookies that are my own.