Chapter 3 (New tutor)

I can't believe that I got a B minus on my essay today. That has never happened, and I know what's going to happen when my parents find out what I got on the paper. Though I know that a B minus isn't a bad mark and I'm getting nineties in almost all my subjects, but I know my parents and they just want the best for my sister and I, and that means in our house that we need to get good grades, and that B minus is enough for my parents to hire help for me.

The sun's still shining as it's only four o clock in the afternoon. Alexa and I got home from school almost an hour ago, and even though my door is closed I can still hear that my parents are discussing something. I'm lost in my thoughts when my Ragdoll cat Smokey jumps on my lap. I start to scratch his cheek, and he starts to purr. 

My parents got my sister and I Smokey as a Christmas gift and even though he was for my sister and I, for some reason has always taken a liking to me more. 

I lift him up to my level, and for some reason, Smokey loves to be held as I know that most cats hate that. 

I sigh "Well what am I going to do now Smokey?" I ask knowing that I'm not going to get an answer. 

Smokey looks at me with his beautiful green eyes and meows at me. I laugh because sometimes I think he really understands what I'm saying.

Just as I'm about to start drawing in my sketch pad my mom calls me from downstairs. I brace my self because I know what's going to happen. I sigh as I shuffle over to my bedroom door. I reach the bottom of the stairs and I see both my mom and my dad sitting on the couch in the living room. 

"Y-Yes mom" I stutter.

 My mom sighs and gestures with her hand for me to sit on the armchair in front of them "Sweetheart take a seat please" my mom says with a disappointed look in her eyes. 

I hate it when my mom is disappointed in me because that means that I've done something wrong even though I know sometimes it's not my fault. My dad looks at me with his brown eyes with the same look. 

Though he's a college professor he very well could have been an actor. My dad looks at me straight in the eye and holds my mom's hand, here it comes. "Well, Katy today I just got an Email from Mr. Chen saying that your grades are dropping," he says.

I look down not wanting to see either of them as I know now that they are both disappointed in me. My mom repositioned her self so that her spine is straight "Katy Mr. Chen said that your mark in English has dropped to a seventy-five percent" My mom says.

What no how could this happen? I've worked my hardest to get the best marks possible this year. Now I know why my parents are so disappointed in me. My jaw dropped, and I saw the look on my parent's faces were the same. 

"So, your father and I have both made the decision that it would be best for you to have a student helper," My Mom says, and with that, they are both standing to tell me that the discussion is over.

My eyes grew large as I came to the realization that not only would I be getting a tutor, but that tutor is also a student "What? No Mom please you know what happened before with my other tutors. They can't handle my Bipolar and they leave" I say.

My dad has already left the living room and has walked to the fridge to get a glass of water. My Mom looks over at me with a reassuring look in her eyes "Katy how can you be so sure that this is going to be the same?" she asks. "besides I think your going to like him Katy, and he's going to be here in an hour" she says and walks out of the living room. 

"what?!" I exclaim slamming my hands down on the armrests of the brown recliner.

"Get ready" she calls.