Chapter 21 (Party time!)

I can't believe that this is actually happening. We're actually at her house and it's packed with almost everyone from our school and more, Noah wasn't joking when he said that this is the biggest party of the year aside from prom. The whole house is filled with decorations and the booming music is enough to make our car shake from the street. We all start to file out of the car and we instantly feel the strong bass in our bones and the loud music in our ears makes it hard to hear what anyone's saying.

We all start to walk up the driveway that is filled with luxury cars and lights everywhere to perfectly illuminate the driveway. The lawn is manicured perfectly and I don't think there's a single blade of grass that is out of place and not a stray branch on any shrub that hasn't been cut off. It's like something out of any movie mean girl story, a filthy rich girl that still makes others feel horrible because she's not confident with who she is.

We reach the door and I suddenly get the feeling that this is a bad idea. I suddenly get that gut feeling in the pit of my stomach that we're not supposed to be here. I feel Jake rest a hand on my shoulder and I feel all kinds of emotions rushing through me and I somehow find the strength to open the door.

The front hallway is full of people with red solo cups in their hands and others are dancing to the loud booming music.

I see a girl dressed as an angel and another boy dressed as a medieval knight in shining armour. Just then I see Alex dressed in a prince charming outfit.

"Hey babe, we've got new visitors," he says in a low tone telling her that we're clearly not welcome.

Instantly Marisa makes her way through the crowd, still in her costume from earlier. "Well, it looks like we have some uninvited guests," she says crossing her arms standing directly in front of me.

Before I can say anything Brittany steps forward. "Well, you didn't send out invitations in the first place, so, pretty much anyone can come if they want" She protests stepping right in and pushing her aside.

We all follow her lead and walk inside the huge mansion and you can feel the music in your veins and the strong base almost makes the whole house shake. I know that even I couldn't get away with throwing a party this big if I ran it by my mom and dad. Heck, even Alexa couldn't get away with this at her age now.

I look to the couch and see that there are a few of the guys that are somehow getting the VIP treatment from everyone. I guess that's normal for them seeing how they soak it all the attention that they're getting from both the other boys and the girls. I look around some more and see that some of the girls and guys are playing "Spin the Bottle" and "Seven Minutes in Heaven" and I'm glad that's not my kind of scene but it seems that it's Brittany's because she goes straight for where they're playing "Spin the Bottle" and I can see that she's loving it.

I look to my right and see that Jake's still standing there. I look around some more and see that Marcus is running "Guess That Tune" with a phone and two pairs of sound-cancelling headsets while showing what song it is on a screen.

"C'mon Jake, they're playing Guess That Tune," I say pulling him in the direction of the game.

He snaps his head in the direction of the game and turns back to me and rolls his eyes. "Do I have to?" he whines joking around with me.

Just when I think I'm going to have to drag him there, he starts walking alongside me. We reach the table and Marcus is shocked that we of all people are here. "Is this really you guys or is it just some really good costume?" he asks making us laugh.

"I guess you haven't seen us around here, have you, man?" Jake replies slapping him on the shoulder.

I sit down on one of the chairs and Jake sits down in the one next to mine. "And Marcus, don't go easy on us," I say.