C H A P T E R 12

I am not this hair, I am not this skin, I am the soul that lives within.

San Diego, California

|A week later|

Harry surprised me by showing up at my house in San Diego which was even more crazy because I was in the middle of filming for Total Divas.

Turns out he had a couple of days before he had to fly back to England, and he decided to try and spend some time with me, even though I had to work, I was just so happy to be able to show him to my job and home, and just so excited to know what he thought of California.

My excitement was thrown out the window the moment John walked in.

"Hello." John said shaking Harry's hand.

"Hi." Harry told him, serious.

That was a lot more civility than I had expected.

"Right." John went on, cleaning his throat, trying to simply move on from the awkwardness. "I should warn you, this is gonna sound absurd." He told me, and looked at Harry. "Do you guys wanna go on a double date?" He asked.

It did sound absurd, which is why there was a long silent pause as Harry and I exchanged a confused look.

"You're kidding." Harry told him.

"I know what you're thinking, but," John started.

"With you and who else?" I interrupted.

"April." He told me.

"Really?" I asked, sounding interested.

He shrugged, looking as surprised as I felt. "I just... She's just..." He sighed, a little smile on his lips. "I like her." He told me, sounding excited and shocked at the same time.

"April, that's great!"

"Though I agree it's pretty great you're finally letting my girlfriend go," Harry added, "why would you think a double date would be a good idea?"

John took in a deep breath and prepared to talk, as if he had rehearsed his reasons, probably knowing we would ask.

"One, I let her go the day she told me about you and two, it would be good publicity." We looked at him, intrigued. "People still think there's something going on with us, if we went out, all of us together, they'd know we're just friends and maybe the craziness from the fans would stop." He paused. "Three, it would help you see I meant it when I say I've let you go, and four," he sighed, pausing. "It would really help me a lot."

"How would taking her out with the girl you were in love with before her help you?!" I asked, astonished.

"Because she thinks I'm still in love with you." He said.

"Don't we all?" Harry mumbled, barely audible.

"And if she sees us together, she'll know there's nothing here anymore. Because there isn't!" John said.

As unconvinced as I was, I said yes. John ran off before Harry could protest and, after he was gone, I turned to him.

However, his only reaction was, "Are you gonna eat that?"