C H A P T E R 20

"...if you find someone you love in life, you must hang onto it, and look after it, and if you were lucky enough to find someone who loved you, then you must protect it." - Diana, late Princess of Wales

Althorp House, England

"You make good pot of soup and I can barely cook." Nicole commented looking at me and I sent her a smile. "Where are we going?" Nicole asked.

"You'll see." I said.

"You're being secretive." Nicole said.

But I didn't respond to Nicole anymore. We drove for almost 2 hours and arrived at Althorp House- which obviously Nicole is not aware of the place because she wildly looked around as I passed by the gates without anyone stopping me.

"Where are we?" Nicole whispered in a hush as I pulled over in one part of the estate and I got out of the car. I know she's watching me cautiously even when I opened her door and offered my hand.

"Trust me." I said and she accepted my hand.

I led her through the Round Oval lake and stopped in the middle- overlooking my mother's grave. "I want you to meet a special woman in my life." I then told Nicole, turning her in the way to see my mother's grave as she was busy looking curiously at my mother's memorial just behind us- I hugged Nicole from behind. "Nicole, my mother." I whispered "And mummy, this is Nicole, the woman that I want to live the rest of my life with." I said.

"Nicole.." I then started and she turned to look at me. "I love you, and I will never get tired of telling you how much. I can't live without you-" her eyes started getting teary but under the moonlight, she's the most beautiful woman that I had ever seen in my entire life.

It was then that I dropped on one knee and she gasped, putting her hands above her mouth.

I took the ring from my pocket then said, " My life is wonderful because you are with me, you make me happy even if I feel sad and low

I took the ring from my pocket then said, " My life is wonderful because you are with me, you make me happy even if I feel sad and low. Your smile lightens up my life and all the darkness disappear. Your love has made me crazy. I will love you till the end of my life. And I want to be with all my life. My eyes search for you when you are not around. My heart aches when I don't find you. You are the reason for all my happiness and without you my life would be so dull. All I want in my life is that we stay together for all the life. I love you, We may be criticized but I want to ask you this.." I whispered and she's already crying.

"Will you give me the honor of being my golden rose forever, my wife?" I asked.

She smiled, crying and nodding saying, "Yes, I love you. Yes, I do." She said.