C H A P T E R 14

Lovers are patient and know that the moon needs time to become full.

London, England

Prince Harry Is Reportedly Dating Wrestler Nikki Bella

Harry is "happier than he's been for many years"

It has been a slow year on the Prince Harrydating-rumors front. Since the Prince split from American actress Meghan Markle, in 2018 and the bejeweled-moccasins-obsessed Cressida Bonas, in 2014, the 33-year-old hasn't had a serious girlfriend (at least one that he made public). While the media works itself into a frenzy at every possible hint of a new relationship (when Harry was photographed with his hand on the knee of Doctor Who's Jenna Coleman, in 2015, the Daily Mail all but sent a 24-person battalion to Coleman's flat to stand on watch), and rumors of a reunion with Bonas, or with Harry's ex-girlfriend Chelsy Davy, continue to resurface, there has not been a full-fledged, confirmed "Harry's New Girlfriend!" situation since the Markle breakup.

Until-well, maybe, until-this weekend! Widespread reports-originating with The Sunday Express and Daily Star-broke over the weekend that Harry may be dating Nikki Bella, a 34-year-old American Wrestler best known stateside for her reality shows, Total Divas and Total Bellas. Nikki, who has more than a million Instagram followers, is also a lifestyle vlogger, and businesswoman. Harry and Nikki reportedly met in England in the beginning of May, when Harry was in town.

The "cycle" that accompanies any sort of new high-profile royal-romance rumor was rapid this weekend. No sooner had word broke that the two might be dating ("He's happier than he's been for many years even months after his split with Meghan," reports claimed), that sleuths uncovered several signs that the two actually might be pretty serious.

- Per Nikki's Instagram account, the wrestler has moved London (by the way, all of her posts are now overrun with comments of the "should we now be calling you PRINCESS?!?!" variety).

Already, British oddsmakers are entering the fray (odds are 25 to 1 that the two will be engaged). Kensington Palace is, unsurprisingly, refusing to comment. (One report claims Kate and William have met Nikki, and they "really liked her and she fitted in straight away.")

It is clear, though, that, now that this is all out in the open, it could be a somewhat perilous path forward for the pair, given the increased amount of attention. The Daily Mail published a report this morning claiming that Harry made a trip to San Diego to visit Nikki Bella this weekend. One thing is clear: the British press is going to be on Nikki's every move, every Instagram post, every choice in jewelry, from this point forward. (If there isn't an undercover British-tabloid spy en route to the Total Bellas/Total Divas set, we would be very surprised.)