C H A P T E R 13

When I am silent, I have thunder hidden inside.

London, England

"Is there anything else you want to talk about?" Harry asked.

"Well..." she said while looking down at her hands. "I think we need to talk about our future and each other's expectations for our relationship. I think it's time for us to get everything out on the table."

"You're right," he sighed, knowing that they had put this off a little too long. "It's time. Where do you think we should start?" He asked.

"It would probably be best if we started with our thoughts on marriage." Nicole suggested.

"You know that I want to get married. Do you want to get married?" Harry asked. He was nervous for her answer. Getting married and starting a family was very important to him.

"That's such a loaded question," she said as she chewed on her bottom lip. "I would love to get married eventually."

"When's eventually?" he asked. "And why is it a loaded question?"

She took a deep breath and looked to Harry. "Of course, I want to get married but I'm not a British citizen." She said.

"What?" he trailed off. Realization spread across his face. "You mean you can marry me."

She scooted closer to him. "Think about it, Harry. I'm not a British citizen. I can't even think about becoming one until Brie brought it up, and you have to marry someone who's a British citizen," she explained.

"No, I don't," he said, taking her hand. "I can take myself out of line to the throne, and marry whoever I want."

She was speechless. She couldn't believe he would ever offer that. "I could never ask you to do that."

"You don't have to ask. I would do it without hesitation if it meant that I could be with you for the rest of my life."

The two of them being able to not worry about everything that came with Harry being who he is sounded fantastic, but she couldn't bare the thought that she could be the reason for Harry leaving everything he knew.

"I don't want you to do that. To give up your life and everything you have worked so hard for," she said. "I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. But I am okay with waiting to get married. The question is are you?"

"I would wait a lifetime for you," he said softly. Smiles slowly spread across both their faces.

"I guess that settles that," Nicole chuckled.

He put his arm around her shoulders and pulled her closer. He kissed the side of her head. "You do want kids though, right?" he asked suddenly.

"Absolutely," she smiled. "I would love to have kids someday."

"Good," he smiled, resting his head back against hers.

"But I need to come clean about something." She said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I got married when I was 20. And got divorced at 23, to my high school sweetheart," She said. "Basically we got married by Elvis. We drove to Vegas, did it. I regretted it. Even when I started walking down the aisle, I knew this was a huge mistake and how can I get out of it and I couldn't," she recalled. "I tried to forget about it but now it's starting to come up, and I figured you have to hear from me before you hear from anyone else."

"I don't care, What you did before you met me is what you did before you met me, I don't need to know everything about you." Harry said.

"I just wanted to tell you because last time I waited to someone that I was dating, my family got involved and it was a mess." She said.