C H A P T E R 18

Believe me, there is no such thing as great suffering, great regret, great memory... everything is forgotten, even great love. That's what's sad about life, and also what's wonderful about it. There is only a way of looking at things, a way that comes to you every once in a while.

London, England

"Come in." Kate said.

"Thanks." I said as I made my way into the warm living room of the Cambridge family to see two playful children whizzing around.

"Sit down. Tea?" Kate asks.

"Yeah, sure." I replied.

Charlotte begins to show me her doll collection while George shows me his dinosaurs and Louis was in his room taking a nap. I smile lovingly, showing I care.

Eventually Kate comes back with some piping hot tea. She sits down on the sofa opposite and brushes her hand over George's hair. I stare down at my mug filled almost to the brim and sip the very top. As I do, I glance up to see Kate staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I'm good." I said.

"How are you adjusting to this how royal life?" She asked.

"I'm on my best behavior. Harry's Secretary even got me a royal etiquette teacher and she definitely has a stick up her butt." I said.

"Oh, yes I remember those days." She said. "Anyway, are you coming to Louie's christening?" She asked.

"No, I don't think it's appropriate for me to come." I said.

"What? Why wouldn't it be appropriate?" She asked.

"Because I'm just the girlfriend." I said.

"Nonsense Nicole, you're not just the girlfriend compared to his exes, you're family and I want you there so you better be at Louie's christening or else I'm telling Brie." She said.

"Oh wow, fine, I'll come just stop using Brie to get me to do whatever you want." I said.

"I'll try but I can't promise anything." She said.

"Hello! I'm back." William said as He walked in and the children pounced upon him, Charlotte in his hands and George clinging onto one foot. Kate got up and gave him a kiss on the lips. I smiled at the four of them. "Hey Nicole! I didn't know you were coming around." He said.

"Neither did I, but Kate was begging on her knees, so to put her out of her misery I came." I said.

Kate rolled her eyes as William laughed.

×

Members of the Royal Family arrive for the christening of Prince Louis at the Chapel in St James' Palace, London.

Nicole Colace accompanied Prince Harry of Wales to Prince Louis' Christening.