My Magic

Mom opened the door to the "Testing Room".

Inside, there are all sorts of equipment used to test magic, plus some provices—programming devices used to record all data and analyze them.

I used a provice to browse and read all sorts of novels and manga back when I was Reinst, as they don't only do data programming.

The device is a small chunk of rectangular box that has quite a number of buttons displayed after you open the lid.

The buttons consist of all alphabets, numbering, power button, and symbols. When the power button is pressed, a holographic screen will pop out from the box, and it is fully touchable.

The novels and other things I accessed with the Provice were stored inside the data network.

The network is sustained via some towers built for the purpose of storing the data and transmitting the network signal.

I don't know the other details, but technologies are amazing!

I know my current family isn't that wealthy, but I do know that each of my parents has a Provice. I wonder when will I be allowed to operate them?

Well, it's not like there is no physical book... Maybe I can finally continue to read my favorite series someday.

Oh my, looks like I will have a lot to catch up to, it's been like... 11 years since I last read them? I guess most of them might have ended during my 11 years of absence.

Anyway, there is a young magician working in front of a provice. It seems that she is too focused on her work that she doesn't notice the door opening and our presences.

She must really trust the security system that she can lower her guard around and focus on doing her job.

She vigorously types on the provice as the screen with a lot of complicated data is reflected on her glasses.

"...Meredea?"

Mom decided to greet the hard-working woman, though her voice has a hint of hesitation in it.

"!!"

Hearing Mom's voice, the woman seems to jump a little from her seat.

"Ophelia-sama!! Have you been standing there for a long time?"

She stood up and asked apologetically.

"Nah, I entered just a while ago and since I might have to bother you a bit with what I'm about to do, I decided I should just greet you beforehand."

"S, sorry for not noticing that!!"

Meredea bowed to Mom.

"No need to apologize. It's reassuring for me to have a dependable junior, you were so focused on the research data, huh?"

"Y, yeah, I was analyzing your son's result after the practice the other day... huh?"

Meredea seems to notice my presence, currently hiding behind my mom's robe. I timidly show my face to her.

"Ara, ara, is that little Lyra?!" Meredea takes off her glasses and approaches us.

"N, nice to meet you..."

"Whoa, whoa, you're 4 years old already?! Time sure flies so fast!!" She roughly brushes my head, causing a mess to my twin-tailed hair.