Showdown with the Prince

After taking a break from that little brat for a day, this mighty Lyra is ready to haul him!!

Since Dad's out in town instead of the castle, this time around, I'll be coming together with Mom.

Fufu, I can't imagine the look of fear in that brat's face when he's facing this mighty Lyra, mwahahahaa!!

W-wait, I sound totally like a villainess here!!

Am I that gifted to be a villainess...?

If this is an otome game, I will be the typical villainess who would hinder the heroine, yes?

Furthermore, my affinity matches, so...

Ah.

Nope, this is not the time to remember that thing with my affinity, yes!! I need to gather my mind to assault—I mean, to give a payback to the prince!

To be honest, I have imagined lots of ways to do so, but do I have the courage to act as I imagined, I wonder?

Please don't be frightened by my wild imagination of revenge.

I have read too many angst series in my past life, it seems.

Today, instead of wearing a dress and twin-tailing my hair, I am wearing a simple shirt combined with a short overall, and I only wear a hair pin. This is so I can move freely, anticipating the other day's antics. Besides, today... I will be going all out, for my payback!

Unlike yesterday where I had an audience with the royal family, today I will directly go to the brat---prince's side.

...Or so I thought.

But the prince is still missing in action after he ditched his private lesson this morning. So, I think I will try to look for him myself, as the maids are frantically looking for him.

I can think of a place. That's where we had our "strategy meeting". A secret, small space in the library that's enough for some kids to hide, but not for adult.

And there I found him, intensely reading some book.

"Why are you here, instead of having your private lesson?"

The little boy lifted his gaze from his book, showing that he is upset.

"Oh wait, you can read?!" I intentionally asked that before he can even respond.

"What are you, dumb? Of course, duh!"

"Heee—I didn't expect the boy who did those kinds of pranks and ditched the lessons to be civilized, my bad."

"...you...," he stood up and approached me.

Here it comes, Lyra!

Time to argue!

But then, he proceeded to pinch my cheek!

"Who are you? Are you an imposter? I don't remember having an underling with that kind of personality," he asked as he observed my face.

"Your hair is not twin-tailed and you wear something completely the opposite of what you wore the other day."

Whoa, this kid is sharp for his age! And here I thought he didn't pay me any attention! As expected of the prince!! Even when he seemed to be not paying attention, he actually remembered the details!