An Unexpected Storm

The introduction continued as I realized some were from noble houses while there were also those who came from ordinary families.

11 students in my class are humans. Some also have the genes of other races mixed in, but only a small portion of it—just like me.

There are 3 beastmen, one dwarf, and one elf... Ah, we're missing oni, eh?

But well, we still have members of the [Black] faction and [White] faction!

...I didn't mean to discriminate or group them, but we simply grouped them based on the faction that most of the races took.

[Grey] or [Neutral] faction is us—the humans and mixed breeds might be categorized here, but that depends.

[Black] or [Dark] faction consists of Oni and Beastmen.

[White] or [Light] faction consists of Elves and Dwarves.

Meanwhile, the remaining race—the dragon race stands alone, turning blind eyes on our conflicts. They're kinda cool, huh?

So, yeah, my class essentially has all three factions present.

-

Morgan-sensei then shared his entertaining stories and some other important matters before realizing what was in the next agenda.

"Ah, after this, we will be taking a tour of the academy... Since it's your first day and all, be happy that the real lessons will start tomorrow instead!"

All of us cheered at Morgan-sensei's announcement! Some were cheers of disappointment—wait, do you like to study that much? Those who got disappointed over such a joyous announcement, come to me, let me lecture you right away!

Oh wait, this is their first time at school, perhaps they couldn't wait to start studying for real...?

Ah, really, children... They don't understand the sufferings that they will experience soon...

Unless they really love studying.

I remember somebody had announced that their hobby was studying during my lifetime as Reinst... Ah really, what a hobby.

After the cheers calmed down, Morgan-sensei opened his mouth, like he wanted to say something, but then—the speaker in our class made a sound.

"Announcement: there's a sudden thing occurring, so all students and teachers should quickly make their ways to the auditorium. I repeat—"

Morgan-sensei closed his mouth and murmured, "Hmm, I wonder what it is... Could it be that...? Oh well..."

I was hoping he'd give some kind of explanation, but no. He immediately gathered us together to form a tidy line as he led us out of the room, joining the other teachers and students who also formed the tidy lines.

"Lyra, I wonder what's this about?"

"Hmm, Iris, I wonder about it, too. Hey, Kiri, Luca! Got something in mind? You two were inside the classroom longer than us."

"Well, we didn't really talk to the others that much...," Kiri timidly said.

"We were more focused to talking to each other," Luca confirmed.

...Not good.

I want to find out!!

Guess I need to obediently walk and wait patiently for the announcement in the auditorium.