Family Photoshoot

When Alt-nii and I returned home after our first day back at school, we were greeted by the twins who were running over to us with their anxious expressions.

"You're back!"

"Where have you been?!"

They asked as they jumped at us.

"We were just at school," Alt-nii explained nonchalantly, "and we will be gone like this for 5 days in a week from now on."

"Eeeh?!" Hearing the shocking news, the twins shouted in disbelief.

"Don't worry, Freyr, Freyja, we will definitely get back soon to play with you two~!" I said as I patted their heads, "in the meantime, you can go and play with Niina, Chloe, Vince, or the other house keepers, right?"

"But we want to play...," Freyja tightened the hand that she used to grasp my uniform.

"...with Onii-chan and Onee-chan," Freyr continued, he also tightened the hand that he used to grasp my uniform.

...Yep, the twins used one of their hands to grasp to my uniform and the other one to Alt-nii's.

SO... CUTE...!!!

"Sorry, but we must go to school...," I could only apologize to them. After all, I couldn't fulfill their wish and ditch my classes, right?

...Although I don't see any problem in that... Like, I can still manage the lessons in this grade, but the attendance score and my reputation at school...

"Then, can we go, too?" Freyja suddenly asked.

"Yes, but you can go after you turn 6," I answered with a smile.

They are starting to get more expressive. That's good.

"Six...? How many more sleep...?" Freyr tilted his head.

"It's... still quite a long way to go...," I couldn't bring myself to answer them as they gazed expectantly at me.

"Eeeeh...," the two of them said, with voices full of disappointment.

"Ah, how about this?" Alt-nii suddenly pointed his index finger.

"I will let Rurune stay at home so you can play with her at times, how about it?"

"Ru?" Rurune quickly turned her head to look at Alt-nii... in disbelief? Like, I could hear her thinking, 'How dare you decide that without my consent? I'm the [Master] in our [Contract], hello?'

But seeing how she didn't seem to protest any further, it seemed like she agreed.

"We can play with Rurune?" Freyr quickly turned his head to look at the fluffy monster that was wrapping her tail around Alt-nii, nestling on his shoulders.

"Ruru?" Freyja tilted her head as she looked at Rurune with sparkling eyes.

"Ruru~!" Rurune's tone was affirmative.

Alt-nii and I looked at each other as we breathed in relief.

One more problem solved!

After that day, the twins gradually got used to us being away for school. At first, traces of anxiety were seen in their faces when they came running to us right after we stepped at the front door. But after getting used to it, they only came running to welcome us after school.

"Aww, how cute! Alt-nii, aren't you glad that we got Freyr and Freyja as our siblings? Look at how cute they are, always welcoming us home like this!"

"Well... It's true that they excitedly welcome us home... But Lyra, if you use that standard, then you weren't a cute little sister, you know?" Alt-nii decided to pick on me right at this time.