Playing Tag

I thought that as time passed by, Ein would chase after me less and less... but boy, how naive I was!

Ein always tried to chase after me and tag along with me and my friends in all the opportunities he's got!!

"Ein, don't you need to spend some time with your friends as well?" When I asked him that, I felt like a question mark appeared next to his face as he answered...

"? Friends? Big Sis Lyra and the others are my friends, right?"

"Not that, I mean, your classmates? Kids your age?"

"Oh... Not interested."

"..."

Why am I friends with people who are bad at making friends? It's definitely not "birds of the same feather flock together"... right? See, I've made them all my friends, so that saying is definitely wrong in my case!

The first week passed by with Ein tagging along just like that... My other friends weren't that troubled by this additional member—sure, because they had nothing to hide from Ein...

I felt like my face turned stiff from having to deal with Ein carefully.

Even during when I separated from my circle of friends for going to the library or things like that—Ein decided to pop out in front of me. Yep, I realize that I'm his main target, okay?

"Is this how you're studying?" Ein asked in curiosity.

"Eh? This? No, I'm only borrowing some storybooks..."

"Storybooks? Do you learn something from them?"

"...Not really, like I said, I'm not as good as you think I am... I only study when it's about time for exams... Don't copy me!" I quickly realized that I was giving such a bad advice.

"But everyone said you didn't get any kind of strict education and training... doesn't that mean you're doing it by yourself in secret?"

"That is just my natural gift, then! I watch and learn!"

"Really?"

"Yep, that's why, I have nothing I can teach you..."

After I remembered that Ein was curious of me mainly because of my extraordinary talent (not wanting to be conceited, but that was how everyone saw it... when I only saw it as the fruit of my hard labor in my previous life), I thought that he'd follow me less after I answered his curiosity.

"It's fine! Then, it's my turn to watch and learn from you!"

"Geh..."

Then, the game of tag started between me and Ein.

I felt more relaxed when my friends were there by my side because Ein's attention wouldn't be focused on me, but I felt like wanting to take a break from all this pretense...

So I began to walk alone in a different route, hoping Ein wouldn't find me and stick with my friends instead. But oddly, Ein seemed to be able to find me in every occasion!

"There you are, Big Sis! Where are you going?"

"..."

I felt like he was stalking me—but he was still a child who thought of this as a game of hide and seek or game of tag—and that it was fun. His childish innocence baffled me.

Sure, if I was really a child, perhaps I'd entertain this idea, but sorry for having a secret I have to keep from you...

Therefore, I decided to resort to something I couldn't imagine I'd be using at school for this reason.