Winter Holiday (2)

Alright, enough reminiscing! As Lyra... I could spend my time with all my family members.

Even Vince, Chloe, Niina, and Clavis.

Ah, though Niina and Clavis spent more time at their own home! They wouldn't want to make Clavis' papa or Niina's hubby lonely, haha!

Vince and Chloe also occasionally take their days off.

So, I wonder... For this year's holiday, will I spend my time with just my family members, or with all the others, too?

Ohh...

Luca would finally get the quality time with his family that he's always wanted.

That's good for him.

While lying down on the sofa and staring to the white scenery outside of the window, I noticed that my parents are home!!

"Welcome back, Mom, Dad!" I greeted them enthusiastically.

"Mom, Dad, welcome home!" Alt-nii also followed.

My parents who looked tired—suddenly seemed happy upon seeing us at the doorway.

Yes, we love seeing the change in their expressions.

"I'm home. Altaire, Lyra... I should probably tell this bad news..." Mom said.

...eh?

"I was summoned by the magician in Chinosato border... The former barrier that protected the border was breached, somehow. It seemed like an unidentified entity attacked the barrier. And they requested the Royal Magic Court's assistance to repair and enhance the barrier so that whatever it was—won't be able to breach the barrier again. I can't just send out my subordinate because a high mastery of [Life] magic is required to do what they requested for. Yeah, I must go, myself...," Mom explained, once we are inside.

"Eh?" I couldn't hide my surprise.

"It will be after New Year, though. But I will be gone for a few days... A week at maximum, perhaps..."

Neither Mom or Dad were summoned during the holidays time like this.

Furthermore, Chinosato town is located in another island in the East, the Estrada Island. Which is why she would be gone for quite a while.

But, since it was an urgent matter, so... nothing else could be done.

"Don't worry, Dad will be here!" Dad said, happily.

Though that means I won't be seeing Mom for at least consecutive 7 days, which is a first time for me, plus it was supposed to be during the holiday, I was kinda disappointed.

Hmm well, at least Dad is still here~

Needless to say, that means I can have more time to practice Hartmann's secret arts with Dad. That's still good.