Crisis During Vacation (2)

The fourth man thought that Cyan wasn't paying him any attention at all during when he communicated with his familiar, but Cyan's used to dividing his attention.

Since the fourth man put all his power into his left fist, he lost his balance when the fist didn't meet its target. Cyan then swung his scimitar to discard his opponent's knife, purposely let go of his scimitar, and grabbed the target with his two arms. He made use of the man's loss of balance and added to it, throwing the man's body forcefully on the ground.

Seeing all his men falling down in such a short moment's notice, the leader of the thieves dashed forward and pulled out his knives endowed in poison, swinging them at both Rupert and Cyan. The fact that he didn't run away in fear was worthy of praise--he was indeed their leader! He dashed forward with a rapid speed, confident that he would be able to poison the two men who defeated his underlings.

At the same time, the last man whose body was thrown on the ground suddenly rose up again to assist his leader, ignoring all the pain that was running through his body.

Cyan sighed and made an eye contact with Rupert. Rupert only nodded a bit and then threw his body in front of Cyan, perfectly blocking the two poison knives using both of his katar. When the other man approached him, Rupert quickly used his leg to hit the man's solar plexus.

The man howled in pain and took a few steps backwards.

[Holm nicor!]

Another magic attack that formed a rushing water dragon approached the two thieves who just formed a nice row, and that marked the end of their battle. In the first place, there was a clear gap in their power. Too bad that none of the thieves could notice it.

"Vines, restrain them all!"

Cyan concentrated his mana and vividly imagined the magic circle of [Plant] attribute while loudly exclaiming his command.

Their surroundings were covered by plants and trees, so not too long after Cyan exclaimed those words, there were vines coming out of the ground, making their ways to the thieves and wrapped their bodies.

As the conscious men continued to growl in pain, Cyan already commanded the carriage driver to drive back full speed to the inn. He's supposed to deal with the group of the thieves and handle them to the authorities, but right now, he's got no time for that.

There is only one thing in his mind. His children.

Please, please be safe...

----------

***Lyra's P.O.V***

This situation that I am facing right now—it's definitely not the kind of situation I'd expect from when I heard the word, "family vacation".

"Now then, you're all nice, good children, right~? Hurry up and come with Onee-chan~!"

The context of her words, when you combine it with her expression and tone—it's definitely not convincing.

We tried to step back, but there is no more room for us to go...

"Lyra, I'll be distracting their attention. You run and ask for help," Alt-nii quietly whispered to my ears.