Homeroom Teacher

[HOMEROOM SESSION]

Those two words were written largely on the board, as our teacher cleared his throat before he began to write something else underneath it.

[Morgan Lafleur]

"Greetings, everyone! My name is Morgan Lafleur and I will be your teacher from now on. And yes, I am your homeroom teacher."

...

The young boy standing in front of me—in front of the whole class was my teacher. Yes, my homeroom teacher...

Did I just make a bad first impression...?

This year looked bleak...

"If you don't know, the homeroom teacher assigned at the first year will always be your homeroom teacher until you graduate from Basic Level's Special Class 4, to better assess your growth and help you improve."

...Teacher, did you just read my mind?

I changed my mind, yup, it shouldn't be 'this year looked bleak'—it should be 'these 4 years will look so dark'...

Oh, how good, Lyra! Why must trouble always come after me? I just want to live a peaceful life...

In the beginning, how could they assign such a young teacher to be our teacher?

"Sensei!"

As the class went into silent, Luca bravely raised his hand.

"Yes, is there any question?"

"Yes, I'm sorry if this might be rude, but you look so young and I'm wondering..."

There's a slight pause.

"...Ah, of course."

Our teacher snapped out of it and finally looked at us with understanding eyes.

Morgan-sensei, it's not just me! So, you would forgive me, right?!

"Ah, my hair. No wonder. So, to answer your question...," Morgan-sensei put his hair at the back of his ears—and, voila, his ears are pointed!

"I am a dwarf. My real age? It's a company secret. However, I am indeed your real Sensei... and not a Senpai, okay?"

He smiled as he explained things but I could sense how he put an emphasis on [not a Senpai] part as his eyes darted at me.

U, uhhh... Like I said, it was a misunderstanding...

I lightly bowed my head, hoping that he'd interpret that gesture as an apology.

"Okay, first of all! Welcome to Harmonia Academy and congratulations on entering the special class! You are all the chosen children of this year, so let's clap our hands first thing first!"

We clapped our hands obediently. Some of the kids even cheered out in their happiness.

"Second, let me brief the essential rules of our school. First and the foremost—equality. You may say your full name and your family's status, but when you're interacting with one another, drop any kind of different treatment based on status. So, if there's any of you who acts bad with the excuse of your family's high social standing... please, by all means, report them to me and Sensei will definitely punish the bad kids!"