More Surprising Things!

"Wait, Carbuncle, please explain it to me! I don't get it?"

"Lyra, what did she tell you?"

As we walked out of the principal's room, I still tried to bug Carbuncle who ignored my question and continued to hum in her happiness.

Welp, I omitted honorifics when I called Carbuncle just now, as my mind was in chaos from her words. However, she didn't seem to mind...

"Eeh, come on, are you kidding me? You guys know it but decided to hide it, right? That you have dragon blood running through your veins."

"...What?!"

"...Come again?"

Alt-nii yelled in his surprise, and I couldn't comprehend her words.

"We have elf blood in our veins from our mom's side of family, but apart from it, we're just humans!"

"That's right!"

Alt-nii and I quickly defended ourselves from Carbuncle's false labeling.

"Eeh?"

Carbuncle then turned around to the two of us and approached us—

*Sniff sniff*

She made a sniffing gesture... Uhm, are you a dog—wait, a dragon's physical senses far exceed the other races, right?

"You two smell of dragon blood, though it's faint. You must be lying for not knowing it at all!"

Though I was a little bit surprised for her awesome sense of smell, I quickly overcame my astonishment and answered—coincidentally, Alt-nii also answered to Carbuncle's statement at the exact same time!

""We're not lying!!""

"...Eh?"

Carbuncle tilted her head in confusion and seemed to be lost in a deep thought.

"Hmm... then that's your homework! Go and ask your family! Your family might be keeping such an important secret from you!"

"No, you might smell it wrong!"

"Lyr, are you doubting my senses?! Wait, I have a more conclusive evidence! That healing spherical glass from earlier—you two felt that you were brimming with energy, right? Let me tell you, that spherical glass was a healing item—of an exclusive use only to anyone that has dragon blood running through their veins!"

"...WHAT?!"

Alt-nii and I froze. And then, at this time, I came to understand what Carbuncle meant before by, "Jackpot!" ...Jackpot, she just confirmed that we have dragon blood running through our veins.

But it didn't make sense... why hasn't anyone mentioned it to us before?

"Ah, there they are! Lyraaaa!!"

Just then, I heard Iris' cute voice that managed to heal and soothe my mind... Ah, my beloved daughter—no, wait, that's wrong!

I turned around and saw Iris, Luca, and Kiri rushing off to us.

"Wha, you guys, aren't you back at the class?"

"Well, since it's already at this hour, the class was immediately ended right after we heard a few words from Morgan-sensei. As for introduction to the school, he said that it will be done along with our lessons... Ah, we'll immediately start the lessons as scheduled tomorrow!"

Kiri answered like a good boy he is.

I see... so, while I was taken to the infirmary and to the principal's room, the class was dismissed.