Friends...?

I can't predict that my words can reach him and that it could help him feel better, but here goes, my best bet.

"Still, it doesn't justify your actions that can cause others trouble, right?"

"...but, nobody is..."

"They can't really get mad at you because you're still a child and the prince, on top of it. You even said it yourself, right?"

"...But I..."

"You just don't want to feel lonely, right?"

"..."

"But you know, you are the prince."

"I know that!" Tears welled up from his eyes.

"I know that I should be happy because I am the prince and that I can have almost all that I want, but, is it wrong for me to feel lonely?!"

"No, that's not what I want to say. I want to say that, since you're the prince, you are born with the burden of being more mature and wiser than children your age. You should conduct yourself in a well manner and make sure you don't ditch your lessons, as they are useful for your future. In the future, you're the one who's going to lead countless number of people in Riviera. So, you should think of them and diligently study for their sake."

"...kh! But... what about my feelings...?"

His expression stated his question, "Are my feelings not important at all?"

...what a dejavu.

I think there were countless time when I thought of the same thing, as Reinst.

I cleared my throat and readied my answer.

"Well, before you are the prince, you are just Luca, aren't you? If you want someone to be able to view you as who you are in spite of your status as a prince besides your parents, you should find some true friends, or those that can stand on equals with you."

"...That's what I tried to do, but it was all in vain."

"No. It wasn't. ...Hey, am I not enough?"

I offered myself to be his friend! Hey, it wasn't even my intention when I came here today!

To be honest, if you were truly a spoiled brat, then I wouldn't even want to accompany you any more than this.

But, after today's events and hearing his honest feelings, I changed my mind.

Somehow, I can see some parts of my old self in him.

"...!! You are just the same like the others! How can you...?!"

"Really? Has anyone tried to pull a prank to you like that and even lectured you like this?"

"But, before, you..."

He seriously didn't get it?!

"Well, duh. You are the only prince of this country and during out first meeting, I hesitated on how I should act. I thought I should just be a good girl and follow whatever you want, even when you're going too overboard. My action up to that time might be similar to the others... but, you know what? That was so tiring! And unlike the others, I decided to face you head on!! Isn't that what you wanted, as well?!"

Damn, I snapped out!

I said those words very fast, and in a tone very different from the one I used just until now, causing him to be overwhelmed. I mean, look, he literally jumped back (slightly) in silence!