Day 5's Lecture

Day 5. The last day of my first week of school! It consisted of Reading, Practical Classes or Adventure. Adventure... actually sounds fun. Back then, I hadn't had that much opportunity to embark on Adventure classes. After all, Harmonia Academy and my previous self's school's educational system were different. Only the students of Basic Level 5 at my previous school were allowed to start their free adventure.

In addition, I heard that the adventure field's types also differed per school. Some schools even had the same adventure field, due to the shortage of it. The type of monsters inside were different, too. Back at my previous school, I believe the monsters weren't that vicious and strong. It was a school of nobles that emphasized more on noble honor and things like that. Hunting and adventure were just means to show off. Some were quite serious about it, though.

By the way, adventure fields refer to special terrains imbued with special power, where there would be many "floors" or "sections" and where monsters would continuously spawn. Experts believed that the fields were actually located at different dimensional spaces than our worlds.

With that prior knowledge in my mind, I enthusiastically went to my seat and eagerly listened to Morgan-sensei's briefing.

He started off with the explanation of what the adventure class is about—basically, we're allowed to roam the adventure fields to gain more experiences. Yup, he also explained about adventure fields. His explanation was more or less the same as my prior knowledge, so I was happy that I didn't have to update my knowledge!

"So, for now, you're still not allowed to participate in adventure classes. But next year, students who're deemed to be ready for adventure classes will be allowed to explore the adventure fields—restricted to certain areas—and under your senior's monitoring."

"Eh?! We're going to form a group with seniors?!"

The students in my class ignored Morgan-sensei's opening remarks about how we aren't allowed to participate in adventure classes for our first year—I guess the special children aren't special for nothing, as almost everyone seems to understand that it's a common sense for us to refrain from the adventure classes for our first year. Instead, they were excited on Morgan-sensei's last sentence.

"That's right. It's been the custom here. You shall form a group of 4-10 people to enter the adventure field. You aren't allowed to enter on your own. And the rule dictates that during the [guardianship]—which refers to you and your seniors partnering, there should at least be 2 seniors in a team."

10 people max? That's quite a lot—but oh, if you're in deeper levels, I guess you'd need more heads to help?

The team composition has to have various types of people combined, like attackers, healers, defense managers, and so on, so I guess that's still doable.

"Teacher, how long is the guardianship period?"

In contrast to other lessons, everyone seems to be so lively and eager to ask questions.

"Naturally, another year. I will just give more details again next year. I think that even if I explain it here, you guys are going to ask me again next year."

Everyone awkwardly laughed at Morgan-sensei's remarks, since it most probably would turn out like that, indeed.

"That will be the details I'm giving you for now. Let's discuss other things later on."

"Sensei~! I want to clarify something!"

"What is it?"

"Can we still register to the adventurer's guild when we turn 10 years old? Does the school have any rule regarding this matter?"