Chapter 1

Val walked silently beside her father, fearing that the slightest noise would anger him. He was irritable, probably from moving or the loss of her mother. maybe both.

"We're almost there." He announced, the annoyed tint clear in his voice.

She nodded, gripping her suitcase tighter. Many thoughts zooming in her head, like, who was that guy, Jeff? Why did they have to move? Did that branch just move?!

"Why're you so quiet?" Her father snapped, his teeth grinding.

"Oh, um. What should I say?" She asked, panicking. Why was he so angry with the silence? He usually asked for it the times he was at home.

"Anything. Just stop being so damn quiet!" He growled.

She nodded and started to hum. He liked it when she hummed. He had said that her mother never hummed for him anymore.

She felt him calm down considerably, sighing in content. He rubbed her head, making her relax in relief.

Val saw the outline of the mansion Father told her about. It was quite big.

"Hey EJ, who's the chick?" A blonde, about her height, said, approaching. She saw that he had red pupils, and the whites were black, and had bloody tears.

"None of your business." Father snapped. "Besides, what're you doing outside anyways, elf?"

The 'elf' frowned. "Slender forced me to go out. And darling, the name's Ben Drowned." He said, winking at her. She stared apathetically at him.

"Move it." Father said, grabbing her arm and leading her to the entrance. Ben shrugged and went about, before calling,

"Come visit me some time sweetie!"

Father growled and went faster, his nails digging into her skin. She suppressed a whimper.

He opened the door and -!

"Watch it." A familiar raspy voice muttered. Oh dear.

Val had apparently bumped into the murderer of her mother. Jeff, was it?

Blue eyes met teal. Annoyance in the male's.

"Move already." Father muttered, Jeff scoffing and shoving past Val, glaring at the girl. She tensed a little before moving with her father. Fancy and monotone, the inside was, despite a few messy parts.

Seemed a fight had occurred.

Father sighed annoyedly and kept walking. Val studied the room.

Sitting on the chairs and couch, were a woman with pale skin and black hair, her eyes completely black, a man with a feminine mask and wearing a yellow hoodie, next to another man with a black mask with a frown and wearing an orange hoodie. Another was a monochrome clown with a cone-like nose.

Then, in the middle of the mess, was a tall, pale creature with no face. That must be Slenderman, who her father informed her of. A black tendril was holding a man with brown hair, brown hoodie, orange goggles, and a mouthguard.

"... said about causing a mess?!" A booming voice filled her head, making her flinch. "And Masky!" The yellow hoodie one snapped to attention.

"You should be watching him!" 'Masky' dropped his head in shame.

"I'm sorry sir." He said.

Father cleared his throat, getting all their attentions.

The (only) woman looked at Val, a smile appearing.
(Okay, random. I know Jane is wearing a mask, but in most fanfictions/fanart, she could smile. How does she do that?? Ignore me now:p)

She strode to them, stopping in front of her. "Hi, I'm Jane." She said, studying her.

"Val." Val said, giving a small smile.

"I'm Sally!" A small girl suddenly latched onto her legs, her green eyes looking excitedly at her own.

"Hi." Val rubbed her neck awkwardly, glancing at her father. He did nothing.

"Welcome, Jack." Slenderman said via telepathically. "And Valentine Queens?"

Val nodded shyly, eyes trained on the floor. "P please call m me Val, if y you don't mind." She stuttered, gripping her wrist tightly, she was never good with confrontation, especially with her father.

Memory;
"Val, sweetie. Are you hungry?" Mother asked, her broken eyes worried. Val bit her lip.

"Y yes." She whispered, digging her nails into her arm. They didn't have enough food...

"Tell me, darling. You need to grow." Mother said, hugging her, her sweet scent calming her.

.Over.

A few tears formed and she blinked them away. She didn't want to cry in front of these strangers.

"If you wish. Jack, to my office." Slenderman said, disappearing suddenly.

"Don't trust any of them, only the proxies." Father said quietly, walking away. Val gave a meek nod.

"Will you be my friend?" Sally asked, smiling.

Val smiled back. "Yes." So adorable.

"How about being my friend?" Ben's arm slid around her waist, a devious smirk forming.

She froze, looking straight at the wall.

"Leave her alone." Masky said, walking over to them. Ben pouted and let go, giving her a wink before leaving. "I'm Masky, you've met Ben. The clown is Laughing Jack, the one with orange hoodie is my partner, Hoodie. And the twitching idiot is Toby."

"I I'm n not an idiot!" 'Toby' yelled, making tic noises. Peculiar.

"And the one that just left is Jeff. Shall I show you to your dad's room?"