Chapter 16

Val froze, watching her father's breathing become ragged, his body still trembling.

"Go. To. The. Room. Valentine." He growled darkly, she bolted off with no hesitation.

She ran past a confused Hoodie, Sally, and Ben, and closed the door, collapsing in her bed and breathing in and out.

She was kissed.

Her fingers felt her lips again. Her face warmed and she pulled the blanket over her head, so so confused.

Then remembered how angry, furious her father was, and shut her eyes.

It would be better, to sleep.

          Meanwhile...

EJ wondered whether to kill him fast or slow.

Slow was an appealing idea.

Before he could act on anything, Slenderman appeared.

"What's going on?" He demanded.

"EJ here is being an overprotective fu-" Jeff started to say, making him growl more.

"Jeffrey." Slender warned.

"Hiya Slendy." Tristan said, waving.

"You better stay the f*ck away from Val." EJ threatened. "You killed her mother, took away My Caitlyn. You'll never be with her."

He walked away, throwing Jeff one last look of annoyance and went off.

"Welp, that's what ya get for being an a$$hole, Jeff." Tristan said, grinning at the killer.

"Shut the hell up." He grumbled, getting up. "What the hell you doing here anyway?"

"Ohhhh, helping a friend out." He said.

"You have friends?"

"Yes, EJ happens to be mine." Tristan said, glaring. He walked off after EJ.

       Back with Val...

Sleep refused to offer any peace. She should've expected that.

She was inside a rotting house, everything smelled and looked like a mess.

She coughed, breathing through her hoodie, which she was wearing. She looked around, seeing the what once might've been beautiful decor, now neglected and rotten.

"Y'know, Caity, this'll take a lot to fix. Ya sure?"

Val turned quickly to see that woman, except more... alive. As she thought, she was beautiful. Her eyes full of enthusiasm.

"Yep, this is the place." She widened her eyes, hearing her mother's voice. She saw her, more brighter. "I want to have children here and see them run around, not too reckless, and play games and have hot chocolate whenever it's too cold to play out."

"Wow, planner, huh?" The man said, chuckling.

"Yes, Vince. Me and Carter, we will make this place beautiful and livable." Her mother said, grinning.

That's Vince? Val thought. And is that.. ?

"Jo, you guys can take the other rooms, our future children can share rooms." Her mother said reassuringly. The woman smiling.

No one saw the frowning Vince.

Suddenly, everything was speeding up, the rotting house looking more nice.

Her mother was pacing, holding her head and looked frustrated.

"Caitlyn?" The man, Vince, asked, looking worried. "Never heard anything?"

She shook her head. "No, where could she be?" She groaned, placing her hand on the wall to lean onto. "Jo would never leave without telling us!"

Vince sighed. "Maybe, maybe she's with someone." He said.

"But she'd at least tell me!"

Vince opened his mouth, "Val!"

Val blinked, realizing he was staring at her. "Wake up!"

Val's eyes opened, sitting up and seeing her father. "D dad?"

"We're moving in the morning." He said. "Start packing."

She took a breath, realizing she had a headache and massaged her temple. "Can I, can I have water first?"

He looked like he was gonna say no, but that guy, Tristan spoke up.

"C'mon, ya got all night, Jackie." He said, grinning. "Any naps will make ya woozy or nauseous. Or is that just me?"

"Fine." Her father spat. "Get it quickly, stay away from Jeff." He snarled out his name in disgust.

She nodded and got up, hurrying out.

"Hi Val, what's wrong?" Peri asked, appearing, still in her lavender and blue dress. She was beautiful.

"I'm getting water." She said, not wanting to explain it all and left a slightly worried Peri behind.

She looked for a glass and quickly filled it, bringing it to her dry lips. The cold liquid soothing her throat.

"Annoying prick."

She froze, hearing Jeff's raspy voice and quickly downed her glass, putting it down. She went out quickly, only to bump into him.

"Hey, watch i- Oh, hey." He said, smirking at her blushing face.

She said nothing and went past him, ignoring any other words after her and quickly headed for the room.

".. Near my place, it'll be a breeze and I can babysit whenever."

"Right."

She opened the door, pushing down any curiosity about the little conversation she heard and went or her little cubby, where she had her stuff. Which, more or less, contained clothing that were almost exactly the same.

Maybe, she'd get to say goodbye before they leave..

____________

Well, whatdya think about this chapter? The lil Caitlyn flashback which is rather mysterious and somehow occurring to her.

Vote and Comment!