Extra: Father's Day

Hi, I really feel like adding a little more Father daughter time, so hope you enjoy it :D

_____________________________________________

Oh shit.

Now that little thought ended up setting off more uncharacteristic swears as Val really, really wanted to go lie in her room and sleep forever. Forever and ever and never awake to this, this...

This hang over...

Oh how could she have done this, give in to temptation? Her father's going to kill her...

She's never going to touch the stuff again, oh she's not even going to think about the forbidden stuff!

Oh crap, when her father hears about this, he's going to drag her away and ground her! It won't even matter that she's-

Oh, wow, she can't even remember how old she was with this stabbing headache. And who opened the blinds? It's too bright.

"Morning, Val!" Peri greeted, way too loudly. "Want some pickle juice? It might help!"

Pickle juice- What? Val groaned and shrugged in response, collapsing back and groaned louder.

"I'll just leave it here, if you need it." Peri grinned and cheerfully left after she closed the blinds, thankfully.

Val was just going to rest her eyes a little, then get up and find out how to get rid of this hang over stuff and just close her eyes for a bit..

And... And when she opened them, it was nearly 6.

And around 6 is usually whenever her father comes to check on her, on Sundays. Was it Sunday?

A few knocks on the door, her father's type of knocking, meant yes, yes it was Sunday.

Another bad word flashed in her head -she really needed to stop letting the others rub off on her- and she got up, way too quickly, and now she wanted to die.

"Val, I'm coming in." Her father called, the doorknob rattling, and she proceeded to greatly panic, but she'll panic quietly.

She immediately picked up one of her books, uncaring of the page number and whether or not she already read it, and lied on her back, trying to act casually.

And she's not really good at acting.

"Val, Val, what's wrong?" Her father gently demanded, having caught on just by looking at her.

She froze, her lips forming a tight line as he ventured closer, then stopped. He knew. He could probably still smell the vulgar alcoholic smell.

And probably because of the empty bottle not-so-subtly hidden under her bed.

Oh dear, oh shoot. Val didn't even dare think of any swears while she could feel the immense disappointment coming off of him. She could already see the heavy frown behind his mask.

"Valentine." He spoke, his tone clear and calm.

She was dead, so so dead. She was going to move out, probably going to be grounded until her first gray hair appeared.

"Y yeah, dad?" She answered, sweat forming and running down her cheek.

"I'm not mad, so please calm down." Oh dear God, he was furious- "Really, just explain to me why there's an empty bottle under your bed."

"Th that? Oh that lil thing, heh." Val forced out a chuckle. "Well," Ok, she's terrible at lying, so no lying. "Sally and Peri found it and wanted to let their toys play Spin the Bottle, and they wanted me to act out some of the toys.."